Star Transit Satellite PE on Mac
Thread poster: Mur99
Mur99
Mur99
English
+ ...
Mar 24, 2010

Good morning,

I currently use Star Transit Satellite PE free on a Windows based system.
I am thinking about moving to an iMac and I would like to know if does exist a Mac version of this program or if the windows version works on Mac.

Thank you very much for your help!

Brand Localization
Brand Localization
Egypt
Local time: 16:32
German to Arabic
+ ...
No there is no Mac Version Mar 24, 2010

Hello,

No there is no Mac Version of it.

Also we never tested it under a virtual machine.

Thanks

Your ATT

Transit works on a Windows VM on Mac Mar 24, 2010

Hi,

I am currently using a MacBook and have installed Parallels Desktop 5.0 for Mac on it. It allows me to create a Windows XP virtual machine, on which I then have installed Transit. It is working perfectly.

You have it all on your VM.

Hope it helps

[Edited at 2010-03-24 15:27 GMT]

Mur99
Mur99
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you :) Mar 25, 2010

Thank you Sara for your reply! It was really helpful!

Welcome :) Mar 26, 2010

Glad you found this info useful.

Enjoy your Windows virtual machine on your Mac

Note: Parallels Desktop allows you to customize your own keyboard shorcuts. I am telling you this because I missed the Insert key on the Mac keyboard ;(
With Parallels I've created a customized shortcut for ALT + INSERT, which I found really useful.
... See more
Glad you found this info useful.

Enjoy your Windows virtual machine on your Mac

Note: Parallels Desktop allows you to customize your own keyboard shorcuts. I am telling you this because I missed the Insert key on the Mac keyboard ;(
With Parallels I've created a customized shortcut for ALT + INSERT, which I found really useful.

[Edited at 2010-03-26 23:59 GMT]
Collapse

Susanne Kress
Susanne Kress  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:32
Member (2010)
Spanish to German
+ ...
@Sara: How did you do it? Feb 4, 2011

Dear Sara,
could you please explain how to create the shortcut ALT + Insert in Parallels?

I am working on a Mac with Parallels 6 (Windows XP) and I have to start to work with Transit Satellite PE. I have been looking around the keyboard options, but I have not been able to find my way.

And which shortcut do you use? As I am starting with Transit I still do not know the other shortcuts and a I don't want to mix up with other existing shortcuts.

I am wo
... See more
Dear Sara,
could you please explain how to create the shortcut ALT + Insert in Parallels?

I am working on a Mac with Parallels 6 (Windows XP) and I have to start to work with Transit Satellite PE. I have been looking around the keyboard options, but I have not been able to find my way.

And which shortcut do you use? As I am starting with Transit I still do not know the other shortcuts and a I don't want to mix up with other existing shortcuts.

I am working with the Spanish version of Parallels and Windows.

Thank you very much for your help.

Un cordial saludo

Susanne
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Star Transit Satellite PE on Mac

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »