How to join two parts of one Transit project
Thread poster: brude
Oct 14, 2011

Dear colleagues!

The situation is as follows. Two translators, one Transit project. Each translator translates the project, but different parts of it. The qustion is how to merge these two translated parts into one project after the translation is over.
Thank you for your answers in advance!

brude
brude
TOPIC STARTER
I'm at a loss. Oct 15, 2011

Please help!

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 21:49
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
not enough info Oct 15, 2011

1. NXT or XV?
2. How did you split the project?

Antonin

brude
brude
TOPIC STARTER
details Oct 15, 2011

Antoní­n Otáhal wrote:

1. NXT or XV?
2. How did you split the project?

Antonin

Antonin, thank you for your reply!
1. Transit XV
2. I didn't split it. Each translator works under the same project on their on PC.

[Edited at 2011-10-15 17:44 GMT]

[Edited at 2011-10-15 20:06 GMT]

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 21:49
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
"quick and dirty" Oct 15, 2011

Let's say the target language is Czech, then the *.csy files are the "results" (if you have them in a project file, rename to zip and unpack). Choose the resulting file from one of the translators, open it in a notepad-like program (preferably capable of coping with utf8 codepage) , copy the translated segments, paste them in the resulting file from the other translator (of course, overwriting only the "correct" segments!).

Should work, if the project was created on one PC and only
... See more
Let's say the target language is Czech, then the *.csy files are the "results" (if you have them in a project file, rename to zip and unpack). Choose the resulting file from one of the translators, open it in a notepad-like program (preferably capable of coping with utf8 codepage) , copy the translated segments, paste them in the resulting file from the other translator (of course, overwriting only the "correct" segments!).

Should work, if the project was created on one PC and only then sent to them. If each of them created an indepnedent rpoject, it might crash (but not necessarily).

I suppose plustoyz might be able to do it as well, but I do not know.

HTH
Antonin
Collapse

brude
brude
TOPIC STARTER
will try Oct 15, 2011

Antonin, thanks a lot! I'll try your advice!

brude
brude
TOPIC STARTER
Worked perfectly Oct 18, 2011

brude wrote:

Antonin, thanks a lot! I'll try your advice!

I tried and it woreked perfectly!
You saved me a huge deal of time and nerves!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to join two parts of one Transit project

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »