Merging XLS into empty dictonary NXT
Thread poster: Van Sambeek (X)
Van Sambeek (X)
Van Sambeek (X)
Local time: 16:01
English to Dutch
+ ...
Nov 8, 2011

After Tobias solved this issue in sept 2009 with Transit XV, I have the same problem again.

Can anyone (tobias) help me with the following?

I have an XLS-file with translations which I would like to convert into a dictionary.
I have tried the wizard, but everytime I get a number of various symbols in stead of words.
The manual doesn't solve my problem, who can help?

Second attempt:
After that I imported the XLS file as a language pair, but
... See more
After Tobias solved this issue in sept 2009 with Transit XV, I have the same problem again.

Can anyone (tobias) help me with the following?

I have an XLS-file with translations which I would like to convert into a dictionary.
I have tried the wizard, but everytime I get a number of various symbols in stead of words.
The manual doesn't solve my problem, who can help?

Second attempt:
After that I imported the XLS file as a language pair, but now I have to mark and add 3.400 segments to be able to enter them into the dictionary. Is there any way to mark all items or the complete file to be added to the dictionary?

Thanks in advance
Leon M. van Sambeek

TRANSIT NXT Pro
Collapse

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
import as a unicode text Jan 28, 2012

Try to import it as a unicode file. Just create columns, each column for a language, then save as a text file, tab separated. Define import options (like separation symbol, which column is which language etc.). Don't forget to choose the correct coding (unicode may be the best one). Import.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Merging XLS into empty dictonary NXT

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »