Thread poster: Dusan Miljkovic
Dusan Miljkovic
Dusan Miljkovic
Serbia
Local time: 06:21
English to Serbian
+ ...
Feb 12, 2013

Hi everyone, I'm still new with Transit, and I get kinda lost from time to time, so sorry if this is a bit confusing.

I want to open my Transit XV document in Xbench to get a QA report. In NXT I used to export my project into .tmx and then open the .tmx in Xbench without any problems. But then I had to move to XV.

I see that there's been some talk about Xbench here, but I just can't figure out how to import a file from XV into Xbench (v. 2.9).

When I go to
... See more
Hi everyone, I'm still new with Transit, and I get kinda lost from time to time, so sorry if this is a bit confusing.

I want to open my Transit XV document in Xbench to get a QA report. In NXT I used to export my project into .tmx and then open the .tmx in Xbench without any problems. But then I had to move to XV.

I see that there's been some talk about Xbench here, but I just can't figure out how to import a file from XV into Xbench (v. 2.9).

When I go to add files to a new project in Xbench, there's an option Star Transit 2.6/XV Directory tree - what exactly is Directory tree and where can I find it?

Is there an (easy) way to do this?

I also have memoQ 4.5, I managed to export a .tmx from there, but only for my original, untranslated .ppf. How do I import my finished and translated XV project to memoQ? In NXT I would forward the project to a new .ppf and then import it, but now I can't figure out how to do that either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Collapse

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
xv Feb 12, 2013

You can create a TMX file from your XV project in XV, you know it?
Project -> Export TMX.

In Memo Q choose File -> Import Package -> Transit Package.

Dusan Miljkovic
Dusan Miljkovic
Serbia
English to Serbian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nope Feb 12, 2013

Nope, I don't have that option in my XV under Project.

And I know how to import a Transit package in memoQ, but when I import it, it shows it the way it was when I received it, and not as it is now when I translated it. Makes no sense, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
version Feb 13, 2013

What version do you use? Is it Transit XV Professional or something else?

Dusan Miljkovic
Dusan Miljkovic
Serbia
English to Serbian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
version Feb 13, 2013

Ah, that's it, it's the Workstation version, that's probably why it doesn't have all the normal features.

Bummer, but thanks for helping me figure it out!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit XV and Xbench

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »