External Proofreading
Thread poster: Anne Standal
Anne Standal
Anne Standal  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:36
German to Norwegian
+ ...
Aug 12, 2013

I have Transit NXT Freelance lisence (SP 6) and need to send my translation to a proofreader who doesn't have Transit. How do I go about doing this? I rememer there was an option for exporting language pairs to bilingual Word tables for proofreading, but this was years ago and probaly in Transit XV.

wilhelm_zwo (X)
wilhelm_zwo (X)
Netherlands
German to Dutch
Print to PDF Aug 13, 2013

How about printing language pairs to PDF?

Anne Standal
German to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Would have been an alternative if I could make it work Aug 14, 2013

Thanks for your reply. If I could make it work, this would have been an option, but strangely nothing happens when I try (as described in the documentation, I have deselected the Print to File option). Printing to PDF from other applications works, but unfortunately not from my Transit NXT installation. I can however print to xps format.

Anyway I think that a bilingual Word table would be better as corrections can easily be made with track changes. PDF readers do in my experience no
... See more
Thanks for your reply. If I could make it work, this would have been an option, but strangely nothing happens when I try (as described in the documentation, I have deselected the Print to File option). Printing to PDF from other applications works, but unfortunately not from my Transit NXT installation. I can however print to xps format.

Anyway I think that a bilingual Word table would be better as corrections can easily be made with track changes. PDF readers do in my experience not have this option. That's why I haven't focused on the PDF problem as yet, but perhaps I have to

[Edited at 2013-08-14 06:17 GMT]
Collapse

wilhelm_zwo (X)
wilhelm_zwo (X)
Netherlands
German to Dutch
Installl FreePDF Aug 14, 2013

You'll have to install FreePDF first. Then you convert the PDF to Word via SolidPDF or a free tool. Then you can track changes. Yes, I know ... a lot of steps.

http://freepdfxp.de

http://www.pdftoword.com etc.

Anne Standal
German to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Aug 14, 2013

Thank you for this workaround. It's a great help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

External Proofreading

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »