Grace Hughes
Grace Hughes  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:49
Member (2009)
German to English
Nov 17, 2013

Hi all,

I have STAR Transit Pro, and I had it installed on both my PC and laptop. My PC died completely and utterly without warning, therefore not allowing me to uninstall Transit first, or to return the licence and generate a removal code. I need to activate Transit on my new PC but don't seem to be able to, as the removal code (which I have no way of generating) is required in order to delete a licence activation or switch it between computers.

Does anyone have any i
... See more
Hi all,

I have STAR Transit Pro, and I had it installed on both my PC and laptop. My PC died completely and utterly without warning, therefore not allowing me to uninstall Transit first, or to return the licence and generate a removal code. I need to activate Transit on my new PC but don't seem to be able to, as the removal code (which I have no way of generating) is required in order to delete a licence activation or switch it between computers.

Does anyone have any idea how to deal with this situation? Or any idea where/how to contact STAR support to get the licence activation reset somehow?

TIA,
Grace
Collapse

Contact STAR Nov 18, 2013

Hi Grace,

that's a pity...

Just contact the local STAR office where you bought your Transit licences and explain your situation. They will help you and tell what to do to make Transit run on your new PC.

AntDunn
AntDunn
German to English
Contact STAR, they'll reset your licence Nov 18, 2013

Hi Grace,

The exact same thing happened to me last year. I contacted STAR to explain and they just reset my licence in the Activation Center. It took them a couple of hours to get round to it, but after a fresh installation on a new PC all was well!

Anthony

Grace Hughes
Grace Hughes  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks - all sorted :) Nov 18, 2013

Hi Anthony and Oiseau Noir,

Thanks for your suggestions. I emailed someone at STAR's UK office last night and I had an email waiting for me when I logged on this morning. They've reset my licence so I just had to reinstall and activate it - all sorted and ready to go again Thanks for the help.

Grace

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PC dead, lost activation key

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »