Experience importing Flare into Transit?
Thread poster: kchew
kchew
kchew
Local time: 21:03
German to English
Jan 25, 2008

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has had experience importing Madcap Flare projects into Transit. I am wondering whether the standard XML filter is sufficient, or if some customization is necessary. If so, what sort of customization? And could I do it myself?

In my small test project, all of the XML tags seem to be non-editable in Transit, which I suppose is all right if none of the Flare tags ever contains attributes whose values need to be translated!

... See more
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has had experience importing Madcap Flare projects into Transit. I am wondering whether the standard XML filter is sufficient, or if some customization is necessary. If so, what sort of customization? And could I do it myself?

In my small test project, all of the XML tags seem to be non-editable in Transit, which I suppose is all right if none of the Flare tags ever contains attributes whose values need to be translated!

Thanks,
Kevin
Collapse

Gillian Scheibelein
Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
try yahoo group Jan 28, 2008

Hi Kevin,
if no-one can help you here, try the Transit group at Yahoo:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/transit_termstar/

They are particularly good at finding solutions to this type of problem, especially Genevieve.

Good luck,
Jill

kchew
kchew
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Gillian Jan 29, 2008

Thanks for your suggestion, Gillian. I will check out that group!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Experience importing Flare into Transit?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »