XP SP3 versus Windows 7
Thread poster: Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:41
German to Spanish
Apr 17, 2010

Question. Is there any reason why should I change to Windows 7?
I want to say, there is some disadvantage on using XP SP3 for the new versions of programs (related to the translation)? What cannot I do with my "old" OS?

I do not want to compare both OS. I ask only for a normal use as a translator (Office, CAT and dictionaries).

Thank you

Fernando

Dušan Ján Hlísta
Dušan Ján Hlísta  Identity Verified
Slovakia
Local time: 04:41
English to Slovak
+ ...
it ain’t necessarily so ... (George & Ira Gershwin) Apr 17, 2010

Absolutely not. Not one reason. The only exception is that when you buy a new computer, then they sell it to you with the latest version of their Windows (while it is not MAC). But even then there is still the opportunity to go back to the elder version of Windows. It is also necessary to consider, that the new MS Windows version is always with new kinds of "bugs" until its Service Pack 1. So why do you need to hurry to get a new version?
Dušan Ján Hlísta

[Edited at 2010-04-17 1
... See more
Absolutely not. Not one reason. The only exception is that when you buy a new computer, then they sell it to you with the latest version of their Windows (while it is not MAC). But even then there is still the opportunity to go back to the elder version of Windows. It is also necessary to consider, that the new MS Windows version is always with new kinds of "bugs" until its Service Pack 1. So why do you need to hurry to get a new version?
Dušan Ján Hlísta

[Edited at 2010-04-17 17:57 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

XP SP3 versus Windows 7

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »