Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Italy
Local time: 04:42
English to Italian
+ ...
May 4, 2005

Hi

I use windows xp and office 2000 and I'd like to use windows Spanish spell checker, but I don't know how to get it.

As I do:

-tools
-language
-set language

"Spanish" is not ticked: does it mean I cannot find it in Office installation CDs?

As the message is "file mssp232.dll for Spanish spell check cannot be found", I
... See more
Hi

I use windows xp and office 2000 and I'd like to use windows Spanish spell checker, but I don't know how to get it.

As I do:

-tools
-language
-set language

"Spanish" is not ticked: does it mean I cannot find it in Office installation CDs?

As the message is "file mssp232.dll for Spanish spell check cannot be found", I downloaded file mssp232.dll from www.dll-files.com but I don't know where to save it (and whether it is a good idea or not!)or if it is possible to find it in my office installation CDs.

thanks
Collapse

Bruno Magne
Bruno Magne  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:42
English to French
+ ...
A .ddl file is not a dictionary. May 4, 2005

Hi, Francesca

A .dll (Dynamic Library Link) file is a kind of motor that helps to run a piece of sofware.

If you bought your Office in Italy, I don't believe it contains the Spanish spellchecker.

To check, go to Program files --> Common Shares --> Microsoft shared --> Proof and see if you have the following files: MSSP3ES, MSSGR3ES, MSHY3ES.

If they are not there, that means no Spanish dictionary has been installed on your system.

... See more
Hi, Francesca

A .dll (Dynamic Library Link) file is a kind of motor that helps to run a piece of sofware.

If you bought your Office in Italy, I don't believe it contains the Spanish spellchecker.

To check, go to Program files --> Common Shares --> Microsoft shared --> Proof and see if you have the following files: MSSP3ES, MSSGR3ES, MSHY3ES.

If they are not there, that means no Spanish dictionary has been installed on your system.

There is a Microsoft Proofing Tool kit that you can buy where you'll find many languages.

Best of luck

Bruno Magne
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spanish spell checker

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »