Seeking volunteers to translate the site into Greek (forgive me for posting in English)
De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: Patrick Dotterer
Patrick Dotterer
Patrick Dotterer
Local time: 16:21
MEDEWERKER SITE
Nov 2, 2006

Dear ProZians,

Teams of volunteer members have been working hard over the last several months to localize ProZ.com into various languages. As a result of their efforts it is already possible to use the site in any of the following languages besides English:

Spanish
Russian
Romanian
German
Portuguese (BR)
Hungarian
Latvian
Albanian

This localization effort will make this your language site even more user-friendly for
... See more
Dear ProZians,

Teams of volunteer members have been working hard over the last several months to localize ProZ.com into various languages. As a result of their efforts it is already possible to use the site in any of the following languages besides English:

Spanish
Russian
Romanian
German
Portuguese (BR)
Hungarian
Latvian
Albanian

This localization effort will make this your language site even more user-friendly for the translators and interpreters, language service companies and end-clients all over the globe.

We are seeking volunteers and coordinators to help translate the site into additional languages. If you are interested in coordinating or volunteering to translate the site into Greek, please let me know. I'd like to add that there will be compensation which includes special promotion throughout the site and also browniz for translating and checking words.

Preference will be given to our members, however, non-members may volunteer as well (note that in order to be a team leader you must be a member of the site).

Please let me know if you would like to be a part of the project and if you have any questions.

Regards,
Patrick
Collapse

Betty Revelioti
Betty Revelioti
Griekenland
Local time: 23:21
Lid 2003
Engels naar Grieks
+ ...
I am in! Nov 2, 2006

Hello Patrick,

Count me in!

Maria Karra
Maria Karra  Identity Verified
Verenigde Staten
Lid 2000
Grieks naar Engels
+ ...
volunteers Nov 2, 2006

Hi Patrick,
There's already been a call for volunteers (around the time we discussed this in the moderators' forum, back in April). These are the people who volunteered to help (and hopefully are still interested):

Valentini Mellas
Betty Revelioti
Lamprini Kosma
Stavroula Giannopoulou
Natassa Iosifidou
Katerina Nikopoulou

Maria

Dimitra Karamperi
Dimitra Karamperi  Identity Verified
Griekenland
Engels naar Grieks
+ ...
I would love to help Nov 3, 2006

Hello,

You can count me in too!

Do you have any idea regarding the volume of the words and/or the time frame?

annita
annita  Identity Verified
Engels naar Grieks
+ ...
You can count me as well! Nov 3, 2006

Hello Patrick!
I would also love to participate in the Greek version of proz.com.
Please notify me about further steps.
Best Regards,
Annita

Patrick Dotterer
Patrick Dotterer
MEDEWERKER SITE
ONDERWERPSTARTER
Thanks for your interest in the localization project! Nov 6, 2006

Hey ProZians,

Great!! Thanks Maria:)

Okay, is anyone interested in being a team leader (two would be ideal)? FYI, the only difference between a team leader and a volunteer is the ability to assign and upload strings--nothing more.

The amount of words is approximately 26,000, with a deadline set for December 15th. With a team of 8-10 volunteers, this should be a reasonable goal if each volunteer translates more or less than 3000 words.

Any ot
... See more
Hey ProZians,

Great!! Thanks Maria:)

Okay, is anyone interested in being a team leader (two would be ideal)? FYI, the only difference between a team leader and a volunteer is the ability to assign and upload strings--nothing more.

The amount of words is approximately 26,000, with a deadline set for December 15th. With a team of 8-10 volunteers, this should be a reasonable goal if each volunteer translates more or less than 3000 words.

Any other questions?

Regards,
Patrick
Collapse

Spyros Chryssikopoulos
Spyros Chryssikopoulos  Identity Verified
Griekenland
Lid 2007
Engels naar Grieks
+ ...
Better late than never! Dec 7, 2006

Dear Patrick and fellow colleagues,

I have just recently been informed about this effort for Greek localization of the ProZ site. I would like to offer my help. Please keep me posted.

Kind regards
Spyros

We hebben geen speciale moderator aangesteld voor dit forum.
Wanneer u overtredingen van de sitevoorschriften wilt melden of hulp wilt hebben, neem dan contact op met ProZ.com-medewerkers »

Seeking volunteers to translate the site into Greek (forgive me for posting in English)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »