Thread poster: Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:11
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 7, 2009

I had no probs with connecting to wifis between Sept and last week with my netbook. These included my own home, abroad and local Internet cafés.

Last week, however, in my local library I could see I was connected but could not load any pages.
This week, in a new home, the telephone technician checked it was connecting and loading pages and it was OK.

Last night, in my new home, the same problem as in the library. And tonight, it's telling me the connection is lim
... See more
I had no probs with connecting to wifis between Sept and last week with my netbook. These included my own home, abroad and local Internet cafés.

Last week, however, in my local library I could see I was connected but could not load any pages.
This week, in a new home, the telephone technician checked it was connecting and loading pages and it was OK.

Last night, in my new home, the same problem as in the library. And tonight, it's telling me the connection is limited or null (limitada o nula in Spanish), even close to the modem, whereas my desktop connection is OK.

The message I get is "check network connection and DNS server settings".

Thing is, with the move I can't quite establish whether it's a problem of the netbook or the installation.

Any ideas?

Collapse

Anmol
Anmol
Local time: 09:41
What OS does your netbook run? Feb 8, 2009

What is the OS on your netbook? Vista has made some smart improvements in networking, and there's an entire "Network and Sharing Center" where you can find tools for diagnosing your connection.

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:11
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Is your WiFi protected as it should be? Feb 8, 2009

Did you set up your network or anyone else?
Can you try to access the router from your desktop and check the settings?
Is MAC filtering turned on?
Is DHCP turned on?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Netbook connected to the network but refusing to load pages

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »