Blackberry and AOL
Thread poster: Giuliana Criscuolo-Bruce
Giuliana Criscuolo-Bruce
Giuliana Criscuolo-Bruce
Local time: 07:59
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 13, 2010

Dear Colleagues, does any of you use a Blackberry (eg. 9700) to access their AOL mailbox? How easy is it to set it up? I am considering buying a Blackberry but the mind boggles at the variety on offer. Any advice will be welcome.
TIA
Giuliana

Norbert Hermann
Norbert Hermann  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Dear Guiliana, Nov 28, 2010

I am faced with the same issue and and deliberating what to do. Could you tell me please how it went?

Regards

Norbert

Susanne Schiewe
Susanne Schiewe
Germany
Local time: 08:59
English to German
Yes, it works :-) Nov 28, 2010

Hi Giuliana,

I use a Blackberry for various mailboxes, AOL included. Setting it up is doesn't take more than a few minutes; it can be done online via the Blackberry website. There was a problem with another account, though, owing to the protocol that is used by default for this special account. But changing the protocol manually is no big deal either.

Good luck!
Susanne

[Bearbeitet am 2010-11-28 13:42 GMT]

Lancashireman
Lancashireman  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
It went well Nov 28, 2010

When you next visit your AOL mailbox via the conventional internet, you may find messages that you have read on your Blackberry still displayed as 'New Email', but you are more likely to find them under 'Old Email'. There seems to be some inconsistency in this regard.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Blackberry and AOL

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »