Thanks!

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 23:29
Spanish to English
+ ...
The way we were Mar 28, 2012

LOL. Reminds me how in the 21st century we should be thankful for small mercies...

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:29
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oh my! Mar 28, 2012

It is amazing how fast we can forget all the good things BBS services brought when they were invented. As they say, man can get used to anything, but it is easier to get used to pleasant things.

To me a BBS felt like rocket science at the beginning. I just could not believe what big a door the modem opened when I first got one. This will be very hard to explain to my children, who take the web for granted.

Thanks a lot for sharing!

Yasutomo Kanazawa
Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 06:29
Member (2005)
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, that's the point. Mar 28, 2012

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:

It is amazing how fast we can forget all the good things BBS services brought when they were invented. As they say, man can get used to anything, but it is easier to get used to pleasant things.

To me a BBS felt like rocket science at the beginning. I just could not believe what big a door the modem opened when I first got one. This will be very hard to explain to my children, who take the web for granted.

Thanks a lot for sharing!

Hi Tomas,

Yes, you're right, and that's why I wrote "might look familiar to people over 40" who have experienced this outdated process of searching a certain term or phrase.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Google in the 80's??

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »