Vitals
Vitals  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 22:10
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Jul 31, 2012

Dear all,

I am currently using a Yahoo email address, and I have just come across a nasty update of Yahoo. It actually blocks my access to my inbox... A window appears with this text:

Welcome to Yahoo! Mail

Yahoo! Mail is now even faster, safer, and easier to use. Yahoo! now automatically identifies items such as words, links, people, and subjects from your email to learn what matters to you so that we can deliver exciting new product features and relev
... See more
Dear all,

I am currently using a Yahoo email address, and I have just come across a nasty update of Yahoo. It actually blocks my access to my inbox... A window appears with this text:

Welcome to Yahoo! Mail

Yahoo! Mail is now even faster, safer, and easier to use. Yahoo! now automatically identifies items such as words, links, people, and subjects from your email to learn what matters to you so that we can deliver exciting new product features and relevant ads.

Before you can access Yahoo! Mail, we need your consent to our new Terms of Service and the Yahoo! Mail Privacy Policy. Learn more about how we protect your privacy.

I accept / No, thanks

Whichever button I press, it still shows only that window... Same thing on both Mozilla and Explorer.

I have already bought another email address (I knew I had to get rid of Yahoo), but I did not realize Yahoo would fail me that fast.

Anybody in the same place? Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Yours sincerely,
Vitaly

[Edited at 2012-07-31 17:26 GMT]
Collapse

Larissa Dinsley
Larissa Dinsley  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:10
Member (2003)
English to Russian
+ ...
You are not alone. Jul 31, 2012

Same problem, and would not load through iPhone either... Let's wait and see, hopefully, they will sort themselves out soon!

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:10
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Email client Jul 31, 2012

Can you access your email from an email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird? You should be able to access your emails that way without needing to log into webmail.

Ty Kendall
Ty Kendall  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Hebrew to English
Nope Jul 31, 2012

John Fossey wrote:

Can you access your email from an email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird? You should be able to access your emails that way without needing to log into webmail.

Doesn't work either, it simply won't let you access your email until you accept their new terms and conditions and you can't accept their new terms and conditions because of some feedback loop type bug.

Ty Kendall
Ty Kendall  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Hebrew to English
Gone back to normal now.... Jul 31, 2012

At least for me, for now.....

Vitals
Vitals  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 22:10
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hm.. Works fine again... Jul 31, 2012

Dear all,

Yahoo came back to life, the blocking window disappeared after some time.

Thanks for responding, it's nice not to feel alone, and hopefully this bug gets lost for every colleague on Yahoo.

(This whole story caused a good thing - made me think of a faster transition to my new email address...)

All the best,
VS

Oscar Rivera
Oscar Rivera
Hungary
Local time: 21:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
My two cases Aug 1, 2012

When I log in from the desktop pc, it takes me to Yahoo's homepage and then I have to look for the email option and access my email account.

When I log in from my brother's laptop, a dark screen appears telling me about my location. If I want to check my emails, I have to click on Yahoo Mail at the top on the right.

This has been happening for the last two weeks.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What happened to Yahoo mail?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »