How do I get back my progress indicator in MemoQ?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 22:24
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Sep 22, 2021

I received a MQDF file from my customer and used the provided credentials for connecting to their server after I had double-clicked on the MQDF file. But now in the editor in MemoQ when I have started translating I have no progress indicator for the document, which is normally displayed furthest down in the editor. Have I accidentially clicked a shortcut combination that deactivated its display, or does it have anything to do with th
... See more

I received a MQDF file from my customer and used the provided credentials for connecting to their server after I had double-clicked on the MQDF file. But now in the editor in MemoQ when I have started translating I have no progress indicator for the document, which is normally displayed furthest down in the editor. Have I accidentially clicked a shortcut combination that deactivated its display, or does it have anything to do with that I started out with a MQDF file?
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:24
English to Russian
You can try to reset layout by removing some files Sep 23, 2021

First, go to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\MemoQ.
Delete DockLayoutConfigs.bin, Preferences-layout.xml, Preferences-editor.xml, and Preferences-lookup.xml and then start memoQ.

[Edited at 2021-09-23 07:10 GMT]

Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 22:24
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Only one file to delete; problem occurred after updating to latest version Sep 23, 2021

There is only one file to delete, should I try that (if possible to have a project without files)?

This problem occurred when I updated MemoQ to the latest version. I will see if it is the same with other projects also. No, I have another, own multiple years translation project in MemoQ, and there I can see the progress indicator and all other indicators furthest down in the editor view. But for this current project, that bar furthest down is completely empty.

[Edited at 2021
... See more
There is only one file to delete, should I try that (if possible to have a project without files)?

This problem occurred when I updated MemoQ to the latest version. I will see if it is the same with other projects also. No, I have another, own multiple years translation project in MemoQ, and there I can see the progress indicator and all other indicators furthest down in the editor view. But for this current project, that bar furthest down is completely empty.

[Edited at 2021-09-23 11:02 GMT]

Now when I opened my current project, all indicators are back again, after having updated the project. What happened?

[Edited at 2021-09-23 11:04 GMT]
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:24
English to Russian
Ah, then just ignore that Sep 23, 2021

Well, if the problem is limited by just a single project, I think you could just live with it. Yes, there can be less files, than I mentioned. If you have only one, you can try only one. You can restore it then, if deleting is no help. But if you have an ongoing job I suggest to postpone the experiment to a later date when you have the job done. No further ideas, sorry.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »