Wire transfers from Spain to Germany?
Thread poster: Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 09:31
German to English
Jul 14, 2003

An agency located in Spain just informed me that to transfer a payment to my German bank account (Commerzbank) they need my IBAN and swift code. They already have my account number and routing number (Bankleitzahl). What should I tell them?
Thanks in advance, Kim

Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:31
German to English
+ ...
Ask your bank! Jul 14, 2003

This is a new system in place since 1 July. Your best bet is to ask your bank in Germany. I e-mailed mine (Volksbank) and got a reply within minutes!

HTH

Mary

Alexandra Becker
Alexandra Becker
Germany
Local time: 17:31
English to German
+ ...
Bank statements Jul 14, 2003

You should find your bank\'s SWIFT (BIC) Code and your personal IBAN on your bank statements. There is a new regulation in force concerning bank transfers within the EU (which is now by the way very cheap!).
Hope that helps,
Alexandra

Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 09:31
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks guys! Jul 14, 2003

Or gals, if you prefer. I just checked my latest bank statement and sure enough it's all there plain as day (except I didn't know that BIC is the same as Swift.

Muchas gracias!

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:31
English to German
+ ...
Much discussed recently Jul 14, 2003

Hi Kim,
What should I tell them?

Your IBAN, I would think...

This issue has been discussed at length in various forums - just enter "IBAN" and search; you'll find quite a few threads explaining what's behind IBAN and SWIFT BIC.

Info is also available on the Commerzbank website.

HTH - Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wire transfers from Spain to Germany?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »