Thread poster: Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 15:37
English to French
+ ...
Apr 29, 2022

Chatting around, I noticed that the way this discount works is seldom understood, and I think it’s a shame since it can be a great help for translators working in countries with “developing economies”. So here is how it works: https://www.wordfast.com/discount

Conditions:
_You need to be residing in such country (will be selected when entering your payment method)
_You are
... See more
Chatting around, I noticed that the way this discount works is seldom understood, and I think it’s a shame since it can be a great help for translators working in countries with “developing economies”. So here is how it works: https://www.wordfast.com/discount

Conditions:
_You need to be residing in such country (will be selected when entering your payment method)
_You are buying only one license, as a freelancer

Pricing:
Wordfast has two list prices:
_For countries with “developed” economies, i.e. Wordfast Pro is 460 USD at the moment
_For countries with developed economies, i.e. Wordfast Pro is 50% of above price: 230 USD
So if you’re buying from a country with developing economy you get an immediate 50% discount on your purchase.
This gets better when renewing, Wordfast licenses run for 3 years and all renewals are at 50% off the list price at the moment of renewal.
So let’s say in 2025 you renew from a country with a “developing economy”, if Wordfast Pro is still at 460 USD full price, your list price is 230 USD. So you will be renewing at 50% of your list price which will be 115 USD for a 3 years license. Note that discounts are never taken into account for these calculations
This means that for countries with developing economies, if prices don’t change you could get a total for 6 years of licenced Wordfast Pro: 230 + 115 = 345 USD (averages at 57,50 a year BTW, you can’t pay monthly or yearly).
If this is still cryptic to you, I explain this in a video posted on Robert’s channel (Freelance Translator Tips) here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waSxY58hzwE
Be well.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast discounts for countries with developing economies

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »