Mara Ballarini  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 23:50
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 21, 2010

Hi everyone,

I have recently bought a new pc with windows 7 professional and installed microsoft office 2007 pro on it. I was trying to configure outlook but I'm having some problems setting my hotmail account in it. I have downloaded and installed outlook connector but it still won't work. Any ideas what it could be? Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

Cheers,

Mara

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 20:50
English to Thai
+ ...
My Hotmail account Oct 21, 2010

If you are a very old Hotmail user, you can open in MS Outlook with or without Outlook Connector [based on Outlook version]. You cannot open if you are a new Hotmail user and never pay for a premium account.

FYI: I stop using my Hotmail account (opened in year 1997) now. It is quite risky for me (I lost many of my valuable data & files uploaded to store to Hotmail Skydrive and Blogs): hackers, unfriendly and unreliable and badly slow responses from Hotmail system administrators (althou
... See more
If you are a very old Hotmail user, you can open in MS Outlook with or without Outlook Connector [based on Outlook version]. You cannot open if you are a new Hotmail user and never pay for a premium account.

FYI: I stop using my Hotmail account (opened in year 1997) now. It is quite risky for me (I lost many of my valuable data & files uploaded to store to Hotmail Skydrive and Blogs): hackers, unfriendly and unreliable and badly slow responses from Hotmail system administrators (although it is a free mail server).
Soonthon Lupkitaro
Collapse

QUOI
QUOI  Identity Verified

Chinese to English
+ ...
hotmail/live mail pop3 settings Oct 21, 2010

check if you have entered these details correctly. I don't think you need outlook connector for this.

Incoming Mail Server: pop3.live.com (port 995)
Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.live.com (port 25)

Username: [email protected]

Additional info here:

http://goo.gl/r5EW

This also ex
... See more
check if you have entered these details correctly. I don't think you need outlook connector for this.

Incoming Mail Server: pop3.live.com (port 995)
Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.live.com (port 25)

Username: [email protected]

Additional info here:

http://goo.gl/r5EW

This also explains how to add a hotmail account to Outlook 2007:
http://goo.gl/tRYa

[Edited at 2010-10-21 10:07 GMT]
Collapse

Mara Ballarini
Mara Ballarini  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 23:50
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
a bit late Oct 28, 2010

but I wanted to thank you both very much for your suggestions!

Antipodean's suggestion worked to force setting my hotmail account in outlook, although I don't have the same functions I used to, eg. I can't use hotmail to send messages (but at least i get all incoming messages) and so far i've been able to only set it so that once the messages are downloaded in outlook, they disappear from the hotmail server (something I didn't want), or the same email keeps coming again and again u
... See more
but I wanted to thank you both very much for your suggestions!

Antipodean's suggestion worked to force setting my hotmail account in outlook, although I don't have the same functions I used to, eg. I can't use hotmail to send messages (but at least i get all incoming messages) and so far i've been able to only set it so that once the messages are downloaded in outlook, they disappear from the hotmail server (something I didn't want), or the same email keeps coming again and again until deleted definitely from everywhere :^) And before I used to be able to see all my hotmail folders, which i used as primary folders in outlook too, and when i moved an email from the inbox to one of those folders, i could see it both accessing the folder from outlook and hotmail directly, whereas now, i can only see it in outlook . the two things don't seem to be synchronised anymore. i've been looking into it but unsuccessfully so far
Collapse

petersmith2
petersmith2
United States
Setup Outlook Oct 5, 2013

This website http://www.setup-outlook.com may also be useful since it shows you how to setup any email with any version of outlook.
Hope it helps!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problems configuring a hotmail account in outlook 2007 on windows 7 pro

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »