Converting .doc files to .pub (Publisher)?
Thread poster: synonymenet
synonymenet
synonymenet
Spain
Local time: 14:56
English
Dec 14, 2011

Hello,

Does anyone know how you can convert Word files to Publisher? We had a lot of publisher files which we managed to convert into Microsoft Word, but we now need to know that - once the text is translated - how it would be possible to convert the file back into Publisher.

Does anyone have any hints or tips? Any info appreciated.

Thanks.

Tony M
Tony M
France
Local time: 14:56
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
No specific knowledge, but... Dec 14, 2011

I wouldn't have though the reverse conversion would be possible, or indeed logical.

It's a very long time since I last used Publisher, but most DTP programmes require you to in some way 'import' text from your document, rather than simply convert the file.

I suppose you could try creating a new publisher document, then simply importing your Word doc into that, but I guess you'll still have a certain amout of formatting work to do manually.

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 07:56
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
No problem using Publisher 2007 Dec 14, 2011

You would simply create a new file in Publisher, go to File>Import Word document, and this is it.

You can save the resulting document as .pub (and other DTP formats, too)

Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Converting .doc files to .pub (Publisher)?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »