Software: Good reviewing/spell checking software.
Thread poster: Priscila Rossi
Priscila Rossi
Priscila Rossi
Local time: 14:41
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 1, 2011

I would like to know whether anyone can recommend any good software specific for reviewing and spell-checking in Spanish.
Thanks in advance.

Henry Hinds
Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:41
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
MSWord Aug 2, 2011

MSWord works pretty well for that.

automatic grammar checking in English Sep 5, 2011

MS Word's grammar checking is quite basic and I'm looking for a recommended tool that can automatically analize text and then correct grammar ,punctuation and spelling errors. For example, I want it to scan my text and then provide a corrcted version of that text. (I searched Google for such a tool, but I only find manual tools and not automatic tools).

Daniel McCosh
Daniel McCosh
Germany
Local time: 19:41
German to English
Try using Xbench for spelling and formal language checks... Sep 20, 2011

Hi Priscilal,

Take a look at some of the tools translation agencies use for analysing source documents and translations such as ErrorSpy or XBench. They can help you find inconsistencies in punctuation, spelling, numbers, terminology etc. XBench is great and it's free as well. You can find it at: http://www.apsic.com/en/products_xbench.html. An application that actually picks up
... See more
Hi Priscilal,

Take a look at some of the tools translation agencies use for analysing source documents and translations such as ErrorSpy or XBench. They can help you find inconsistencies in punctuation, spelling, numbers, terminology etc. XBench is great and it's free as well. You can find it at: http://www.apsic.com/en/products_xbench.html. An application that actually picks up complex grammatical errors does not really exist. The best bet is to use your head and some good books. Xbench can be really useful if the version of Microsoft Word that you have does not include the Spanish language proofing tools.

I hope this helps you.

Best regards,
Daniel
Collapse

You could use Verifika for fast resolving of Spelling, Inconsistency and formal errors Jun 12, 2012

Hi,

I could recommend Verifika for fast resolving of spelling, inconsistency, formal and language-specific errors.

It's quite easy to start working, and allows to resolve errors right in the report.

For most kinds of errors, it provide autocorrection (like Word does for spelling), so you could process errors quickly.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Software: Good reviewing/spell checking software.

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »