ProZ.com 2012 international conference - Barcelona - Travel
Thread poster: Sales Admin
Sales Admin
Sales Admin

Local time: 07:43
English
Apr 10, 2012

Dear all,

This thread is dedicated to discussions, information, tips and exchanges related to travel and travel options to and from Barcelona, ESP for the June 9 - 10 2012 ProZ.com international conference.

Regards,

Leslie MacFadyen
ProZ.com site staff

Patricia de Gispert
Patricia de Gispert  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
Ask anything you need to know! Apr 12, 2012

Hello all!

I am the organiser of the Barcelona International Conference. Feel free to ask any questions related to travel and travel options and I will try my best to help you in anything you may need.

Regards,

Patricia de Gispert
Conference organiser

George Aziz
George Aziz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to Arabic
+ ...
I have a query. Apr 30, 2012

Dear Patricia,

Who is responsible for providing a document to prove the purpose of travel to the embassy of Spain in Cairo.

I'll check with the embassy, but I believe a document from you will be required.

Thank you & kind regards,
George

Sales Admin
Sales Admin

Local time: 07:43
English
TOPIC STARTER
Please submit a support ticket with necessary information for a visa letter. May 1, 2012

George Aziz wrote:

Dear Patricia,

Who is responsible for providing a document to prove the purpose of travel to the embassy of Spain in Cairo.

I'll check with the embassy, but I believe a document from you will be required.

Thank you & kind regards,
George

Good day George -

Please submit a support ticket - http://www.proz.com/support - requesting a visa letter to attend the upcoming ProZ.com conference in Barcelona.

The following information should be included in the ticket in "list" format:
- Full name (as shown on your passport):
- Date of birth:
- Place of birth:
- Nationality(ies):
- Address:
- Phone number:
- Exact profession (and credentials, if any):
- Passport number:
- Place of issue of the passport (issuing authority + city + country):
- Date of issue of the passport:
- Date of expiry of the passport:
- Date of arrival and date of departure from the territory (so that the embassy does not deliver a visa valid for the actual conference day(s) only):

Thank you.

Leslie MacFadyen
ProZ.com site staff

Martin Bruckmann
Martin Bruckmann  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 12:43
Portuguese to French
+ ...
Discounts ? May 5, 2012

Hi there,

Any way to know what the students can expect in terms of discounts ?
And/or group discounts, possible too ?

Thanks for your feedback,

see you soon

Martin

[Modifié le 2012-05-05 03:47 GMT]

Martin Bruckmann
Martin Bruckmann  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 12:43
Portuguese to French
+ ...
Powwow ? May 5, 2012

Ah, and for those arriving on Friday and interested in meeting the locals and folks before the Conference, please do check and register on the Powwow page : http://www.proz.com/powwow/4243 .

Bye,

Martin

[Modifié le 2012-05-05 03:53 GMT]

Patricia de Gispert
Patricia de Gispert  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
Powwow change May 22, 2012

Martin Bruckmann wrote:

Ah, and for those arriving on Friday and interested in meeting the locals and folks before the Conference, please do check and register on the Powwow page : http://www.proz.com/powwow/4243 .

Bye,

Martin

[Modifié le 2012-05-05 03:53 GMT]

Hello all,

I just want to clarify that the powwow from Martin's quote is not a conference powwow. It was a coincidence that the dates were the same, so I talked to the organiser and she changed the dates to July.

The pre-conference powwow is this: www.proz.com/powwow/4258

It will be at a restaurant in Barcelona that will be closed for us. We will have dinner and drinks at around 25-30€. I will post the details at the powwow page as soon as I have them.

Thank you!

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

ProZ.com 2012 international conference - Barcelona - Travel

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »