Only members can post in this forum

My ProZ.com membership expires very soon?
Thread poster: Levan Namoradze
Levan Namoradze
Levan Namoradze  Identity Verified
Georgia
Local time: 04:27
Member (2005)
English to Georgian
+ ...
May 27, 2008

Does it?
Today I received the message as follows:

Dear Levan Namoradze,

Thank you for supporting ProZ.com. Your ProZ.com membership expires on Sep 22. You are invited to renew during the current campaign and benefit from all the incentives including a free month of membership:

Thus, September 22 shall come VERY SOON?

M. Anna Kańduła
M. Anna Kańduła  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:27
English to Polish
Campain May 27, 2008

I think the point of this email was to drag your attention to the campain and maybe benefit from it, not a suggestion that the membership expires soon. You can choose if you want to renew now and get all additional stuff with it, or later and have "normal" renewal.

Anni

Helena Diaz del Real
Helena Diaz del Real  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:27
German to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
I agree with M.Anna May 27, 2008

Hello Levan,

I agree with M. Anna and think the main purpouse of this mail (which I also received, but my membership expired in 20 days) was not that middle of september is soon, but that there is these campaign now.

If you want my honest mind, I would take advantage of it. If you now renewal, the 13 months membership begin to count from the moment the actual ends. You do not loose any time and even win one month membership. I have done it twice already and so now I won
... See more
Hello Levan,

I agree with M. Anna and think the main purpouse of this mail (which I also received, but my membership expired in 20 days) was not that middle of september is soon, but that there is these campaign now.

If you want my honest mind, I would take advantage of it. If you now renewal, the 13 months membership begin to count from the moment the actual ends. You do not loose any time and even win one month membership. I have done it twice already and so now I won 1 month and 2 years ago one more.

Many greetings,
Helena
Collapse

José Miguel Braña Montaña
José Miguel Braña Montaña  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
French to Spanish
+ ...
A cheaper option May 27, 2008

Hi,

This camgaign may be great for some people but there is a slightly cheaper option if you have +4000 Browniz points.

If I've done my maths right, you can renew your membership (1 year) by paying 94 euros + 4000 browniz points. This means you would be paying 7.83 euros/month (94/12), instead of 8 euros/month (104/13, with the campaign).

It's your call: you can decide it right now and use this campaign or wait until September and use your Browniz points.... See more
Hi,

This camgaign may be great for some people but there is a slightly cheaper option if you have +4000 Browniz points.

If I've done my maths right, you can renew your membership (1 year) by paying 94 euros + 4000 browniz points. This means you would be paying 7.83 euros/month (94/12), instead of 8 euros/month (104/13, with the campaign).

It's your call: you can decide it right now and use this campaign or wait until September and use your Browniz points.

Best regards,

Miguel
Collapse

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
You can do both May 27, 2008

I renewed my membership with the savings for 4000 Browniz
+ an extra month.

So your membership will expire in October 2009 if you renew it now, with the savings for Browniz if you have that many. (7.23 euros/month).
Mine was due to expire on June 6, and it now says July 6, 2009.

They're trying to tell you that you can't lose...
And they win, of course

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My ProZ.com membership expires very soon?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »