How to attach my CV file
Thread poster: prozfwang
prozfwang
prozfwang
United States
English to Chinese
Nov 29, 2016

Hello, I am new here. I click the link within the job description page to try to send a reply email to the job outsourcer, but I do not see how I can send (or attach) my CV file. I will appreciate if anybody can help me here. Thanks.

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:15
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
There are two ways to apply Nov 30, 2016

prozfwang wrote:
I click the link within the job description page to try to send a reply email to the job outsourcer, but I do not see how I can send (or attach) my CV file. I will appreciate if anybody can help me here. Thanks.

I'm not sure exactly what your circumstances are so I'll detail both ways - clearly, I hope.

One way is where the poster asks for quotes to be made through ProZ.com. In that case there's a big "Submit quote" button at the top. You click on that and you're presented with a screen where there's room for you to compose your quote, along with various areas for rate, completion date etc. Near the bottom, you have two ways of including your CV. There's a box to click to add a file - that will allow you to search your computer for the file name of your CV and attach it. Alternatively, if you have already uploaded your CV to your ProZ.com profile, you can simply click on the box to include it. You also choose what personal information you want to reveal to the poster. When everything is completed you first preview your quote, then submit it.

The other way is where the poster asks for quotes to be sent by email directly. In that case there will be a big box to click on to reveal the email address to use. You then copy that email address into your clipboard and then you go and compose an email just as you normally would - you're now out of the ProZ.com area. You'd attach your CV in the normal way prior to sending the email.

Does that help?

Martin David

prozfwang
prozfwang
United States
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Nov 30, 2016

Thank you for your clear answer and your time. it is very helpful!

AnjaWer
AnjaWer
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:15
English to German
no email address revealed Oct 24, 2017

"The other way is where the poster asks for quotes to be sent by email directly. In that case there will be a big box to click on to reveal the email address to use. You then copy that email address into your clipboard and then you go and compose an email just as you normally would - you're now out of the ProZ.com area. You'd attach your CV in the normal way prior to sending the email."

When I click this, it just opens a box to type your message into, but do
... See more
"The other way is where the poster asks for quotes to be sent by email directly. In that case there will be a big box to click on to reveal the email address to use. You then copy that email address into your clipboard and then you go and compose an email just as you normally would - you're now out of the ProZ.com area. You'd attach your CV in the normal way prior to sending the email."

When I click this, it just opens a box to type your message into, but doesn't reveal any email address. Does this service only work for members?
(Another forum post suggest this. If this is the case, it would be helpful to have this clarified on that page rather than being made to search why it isn't working...)
Collapse

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 15:15
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Only site members see the email address; non-members can send a profile message Oct 24, 2017

Hello,

I confirm that only site members see the email address when following the steps outlined by Sheila (Thank you, Sheila!). Non-members have the option to send out a profile message (the kind of message sent by clicking on the envelope icon in your profile). It is not possible to attach files to profile messages, but you can upload your CV to your profile and then include the the link in your message.

Hope this explains! Please let me know if you have any question o
... See more
Hello,

I confirm that only site members see the email address when following the steps outlined by Sheila (Thank you, Sheila!). Non-members have the option to send out a profile message (the kind of message sent by clicking on the envelope icon in your profile). It is not possible to attach files to profile messages, but you can upload your CV to your profile and then include the the link in your message.

Hope this explains! Please let me know if you have any question or need anything else.

Best regards,
Alejandro
Collapse

LINE NKENLA

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to attach my CV file

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »