Thread poster: Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 12:35
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Apr 5, 2018

I sent a support ticket on the 28th of March. It is still open/unassigned.

I don't get notifications of jobs, and since today I don't get notifications of Kudoz.
My mail monitor says that indeed no notifications were sent of jobs in the job board and no notifications were sent of the latest Kudoz.

This site became totally useless for professional purposes and for business and nobody cares.
It seems not even the owner of the site.

It is a money m
... See more
I sent a support ticket on the 28th of March. It is still open/unassigned.

I don't get notifications of jobs, and since today I don't get notifications of Kudoz.
My mail monitor says that indeed no notifications were sent of jobs in the job board and no notifications were sent of the latest Kudoz.

This site became totally useless for professional purposes and for business and nobody cares.
It seems not even the owner of the site.

It is a money matters. Because this site doesn't function anymore.
And I'm subscribed.

[Edited at 2018-04-05 20:42 GMT]
Collapse

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 04:35
Dutch to English
+ ...
Communication settings Apr 6, 2018

Have you checked your 'communication settings'? They are on the menu you see when you hover over your profile photo.

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Tina Apr 6, 2018

Tina Vonhof wrote:

Have you checked your 'communication settings'? They are on the menu you see when you hover over your profile photo.

Thank you, Tina.
I checked my settings on my profile and there my settings were correct.
Now I checked my settings where you mentioned and there my settings were not correct.
Somebody changed it.

Obviously I'm not the owner of my own profile any more.
A few months ago somebody changed my availability to non-avalaible/red.
Now I checked the Job and Kudoz settings you mentioned and I see that somebody changed my settings not to receive notifications about jobs and Kudoz.
It seems it doesn't matter how many times I change my password, the intruder seems to be internal.

[Edited at 2018-04-06 06:59 GMT]

[Edited at 2018-04-06 07:26 GMT]

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My conclusion: this must be an inside job Apr 6, 2018

Now this is a fact that somebody changed my settings.

Who changed the kudoz settings

Who changed the job settings

I had log in problems since a year now.
Only my ip address was shown, still it said many times that my account was opened in a different browser or device, meanwhile I use it only on 1 browser and on 1 device. This can happen only if somebody from inside (somebody from the site) logs on my profile and uses it without my permission and changes my settings and maybe that is the reason I don't get direct jobs any more.

These are questions to the site staff:

1) In what countries does proz.com have servers?
2) Obviously somebody who has access to profiles and accounts is manipulating my profile.
Maybe in a country where you have servers and it seems you don't have the control over those servers any more.

[Edited at 2018-04-06 06:32 GMT]

[Edited at 2018-04-06 07:00 GMT]

[Edited at 2018-04-06 07:01 GMT]

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
Remove/add pairs Apr 6, 2018

Katalin Szilárd wrote:

Now I checked my settings where you mentioned and there my settings were not correct.
Somebody changed it.

Did you by any chance try to "rearrange" your language pairs, and/or remove and then re-add them, at any point in the past?

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the answer, Mirko Apr 6, 2018

Mirko Mainardi wrote:

Katalin Szilárd wrote:

Somebody changed it.

Did you by any chance try to "rearrange" your language pairs, and/or remove and then re-add them, at any point in the past?

Hi Mirko,

Thank you for your answer.
Now since 2 days maybe, because I wanted to remove my rates.
But I definitely did not click on save settings at first. I just wanted to remove my rates to check whether rates were the reason why I'm not getting notifications any more.
Finally I managed to remove my rates and only after then I clicked on save settings.

But job notifications were missing since the 25th of March.
And I definitely didn't do anything with my profile settings around or before that time.
Actually when I sent my support ticket concerning this issue, I mentioned another anomaly:

"When today (28th of March) I logged on the site: a very weird version or proz.com was opened:

Many fonts were exaggerated (extremely large), some were normal, some fonts were different than normal, when I clicked go on back on page I received a weird page that says you are logged in as username Creativity.
I logged out and logged back and now it's fine."

Bests,
Katalin

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:35
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Just a hunch Apr 6, 2018

Mirko Mainardi wrote:

Well, Mirko might be onto something here.
On March 12-13 there was a discussion in the Pro forum about a future search tool and we were invited to test it. I (and many others) tried using various search criteria, and adjusted our profile content to see how it affects the search results. (As it turned out this was s futile exercise, as reindexing was not automatic, but anyway...)
Adjustments included removing language pairs or changing them from working to interest and back, adding/removing specialty fields, adjusting rates and such. I know you were active in that discussion, isn't it possible that some of the experiments you did caused the changes in your notification settings?

As to your login session issues, Kevin already explained in another thread that as long as you have your online status set to hidden, you will not see correct info about your login sessions.

All that said, if you truly believe somebody hacked your profile and is able to continuously access it and follow whatever protective changes you try on your end (changing passwords, etc.), then perhaps you could try discussing it with ProZ staff and genuinely ask for help. Maybe it would be possible to create a completely new profile for you and transfer all your info, all KudoZ, Browniz, etc. to it, so that your past efforts would not get lost. I am not sure whether this is even possible technically: I would imagine it would involve a boatload of manual copying and setting changes and overriding system variables, etc., lots of details.
Of course, if you are accusing them (publicly) of hacking your profile and deliberately making changes to your detriment, then you may not think this is a good idea (as they likely would have to gain control of all your info, at least temporarily). On the other hand, they also may be less inclined to go out of their way and spend the extra time to help you.

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My answers Apr 6, 2018

Katalin Horváth McClure wrote:

Well, Mirko might be onto something here.
On March 12-13 there was a discussion in the Pro forum about a future search tool and we were invited to test it. I (and many others) tried using various search criteria, and adjusted our profile content to see how it affects the search results. (As it turned out this was s futile exercise, as reindexing was not automatic, but anyway...)
Adjustments included removing language pairs or changing them from working to interest and back, adding/removing specialty fields, adjusting rates and such. I know you were active in that discussion, isn't it possible that some of the experiments you did caused the changes in your notification settings?

Yes, I was active in that discussion but I didn't change anything about my language pairs.
Also job notifications stopped after the 25th of March and not before.
And kudoz notifications stopped only yesterday. Obviously job and kudoz settings were changed on different dates.

As to your login session issues, Kevin already explained in another thread that as long as you have your online status set to hidden, you will not see correct info about your login sessions.

I tested it. It has nothing to do with online status hidden or shown, it was never correct. I showed my online status still my login sessions were messed up. Since a few days now it seems to show it correctly though. Although when I use my account on 1 device and on 1 browser, I still don't know how I can have more active sessions at the same time, if only my own ip is shown.

All that said, if you truly believe somebody hacked your profile and is able to continuously access it and follow whatever protective changes you try on your end (changing passwords, etc.), then perhaps you could try discussing it with ProZ staff and genuinely ask for help. Maybe it would be possible to create a completely new profile for you and transfer all your info, all KudoZ, Browniz, etc. to it, so that your past efforts would not get lost. I am not sure whether this is even possible technically: I would imagine it would involve a boatload of manual copying and setting changes and overriding system variables, etc., lots of details.
Of course, if you are accusing them (publicly) of hacking your profile and deliberately making changes to your detriment, then you may not think this is a good idea (as they likely would have to gain control of all your info, at least temporarily). On the other hand, they also may be less inclined to go out of their way and spend the extra time to help you.

I tried to ask help extremely many times, by support tickets, on Skype etc.
The answers were the following:
We don't see a problem on our end, we cannot reproduce your anomalies, now we fixed it (meanwhile they did not), it must be your mail provider issue, etc

I did not receive any answers either who changed my availability to red and since when it was changed.
Now I don't receive an answer who changed my Job and Kudoz notifications to receive none.
Because it was definitely not me.

I'm not the only one whose profile was "hacked". I am not accusing anybody.
But not getting help at all, and being silent and not answering my questions and having security issues (another members also had similar hacking experiences), shows either the site staff know who is doing this or they simply don't care.

I was trying to get help and get no straight answer. None.

Even when I figured out the strange Proz.com javascript added to my profile, the answer I received could not be true.
In the settings -> Manage apps there was a proz.com javascript added to my profile.
Site staff said that it was connected with Skype. This could not be true, because I talked with other members who also added Skype buttons into their profile (in the edit part) and none of these members had this proz.com javascript. Only me.

[Edited at 2018-04-06 19:26 GMT]

[Edited at 2018-04-06 19:31 GMT]

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hilarious Apr 6, 2018

Answer for my changed Kudoz and job settings:

"It seems you have not received notifications for these KudoZ questions and jobs due to the settings configuration in each dashboard. Please note that it is highly unlikely that someone other than you modified those settings."

Is there anybody who can figure out what does this mean?
Settings configuration in each dashboard.....
And me ...

Yes, maybe another me (Mini-Me lol).
This is getting
... See more
Answer for my changed Kudoz and job settings:

"It seems you have not received notifications for these KudoZ questions and jobs due to the settings configuration in each dashboard. Please note that it is highly unlikely that someone other than you modified those settings."

Is there anybody who can figure out what does this mean?
Settings configuration in each dashboard.....
And me ...

Yes, maybe another me (Mini-Me lol).
This is getting like a comedy....
Collapse

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Dear Henry or Site Staff, Apr 7, 2018

The privacy FAQ says:

https://www.proz.com/privacy

"ProZ.com processes personal information on its servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, personal information may be processed on a server outside a user's own country."

1) What are those countries, where proz.com have servers other than the US?

2) Which country/countri
... See more
The privacy FAQ says:

https://www.proz.com/privacy

"ProZ.com processes personal information on its servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, personal information may be processed on a server outside a user's own country."

1) What are those countries, where proz.com have servers other than the US?

2) Which country/countries' servers deal (connected with) with my account/profile?
Collapse

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It is more than interesting Apr 10, 2018

When I mentioned in another technical forum where a member experienced another anomaly ( https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/324353-what_you_are_working_on_something_strange_with_what_proz_shows.html: She wrote: "... then I post what I am working on, Proz shows "posted via my mobile" or "poste... See more
When I mentioned in another technical forum where a member experienced another anomaly ( https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/324353-what_you_are_working_on_something_strange_with_what_proz_shows.html: She wrote: "... then I post what I am working on, Proz shows "posted via my mobile" or "posted via CafeTran Espresso" when I don't use my mobile or CafeTran Espresso at all to post this information") I made a post about that maybe a money-making AI algorithm is implemented on proz.com, these posts were deleted by the site staff.

This post of mine was deleted:
"So many articles are speaking about AI algorithms, they are programmed to bring money to their users and usually they are not programmed to be ethical, nothing matters but ads and money.
So when I wrote evil, I meant as AI algorithms that are programmed to bring profit for their users, at whatever cost."

This post of mine was deleted because "Replies should not stray from the posted topic.
When responding to a topic, stick to the topic as introduced. To change the discussion, it is necessary to post a new topic. "

Actually the topic starter's topic was very relevant to my posts, because it showed that there is something wrong with the site and it isn't narrowed down to a few members and to a few functions, but many members experience strange things and many functions don't work properly.

There is a fantastic article in Hungarian, unfortunately I don't have time to translate it now, if a Hungarian colleague has the time and interest in translating it, then you are more than welcome to translate this exciting article:

https://index.hu/tech/2017/12/01/eszre_se_vettuk_es_elkezdodott_az_mi-apokalipszis/

Maybe I touched the right spot?

[Edited at 2018-04-10 12:24 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No notifications

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »