Agnes Fatrai  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:31
Member (2018)
Chinese to German
+ ...
Dec 19, 2022

Dear all,
For a few days now the differences between the new source segment and matches found in the translation memory are no longer displayed in Smartcat in the CAT info panel.
It only shows that there is a segment with a match, and I can also insert the match. However, it does not display where exactly the differences are.
Does anyone have any idea how to reactivate the display of the differences?
Or does anyone know whether it has been permanently removed? That would
... See more
Dear all,
For a few days now the differences between the new source segment and matches found in the translation memory are no longer displayed in Smartcat in the CAT info panel.
It only shows that there is a segment with a match, and I can also insert the match. However, it does not display where exactly the differences are.
Does anyone have any idea how to reactivate the display of the differences?
Or does anyone know whether it has been permanently removed? That would be a great pity, because that is one of the best features of this tool.
Many thanks for your help in advance.

----
Please disregard my question, the differences are displayed today, so it seems to have been a bug in Smartcat.

[Bearbeitet am 2022-12-20 15:40 GMT]
Collapse

Tonimarc
Tonimarc
Spain
English to French
+ ...
Smartcat support Dec 20, 2022

I've had the same problem for a few days and I feel so frustrated about it. I just sent an email to the support service, they're usually quite helpful and I hope they will be this time too.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:31
English to Russian
Fixed Dec 20, 2022

I emailed them yesterday too, and they seem to have fixed that today. Try again.
Also, next time you can contact them directly by their email: [email protected]

[Edited at 2022-12-20 23:15 GMT]

Agnes Fatrai
Agnes Fatrai  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2018)
Chinese to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much! Dec 21, 2022

Dear Stepan,
Thanks a lot for your help!
Best wishes,
Agnes

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:31
English to Russian
and Tonimarc :) Dec 21, 2022

Agnes Fatrai wrote:
Dear Stepan...
and Tonimarc. I think Smartcat support responded so quickly because they received same request from two users.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

CAT info panel not displaying differences between segments

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »