Thread poster: Annika Neudecker
Annika Neudecker
Annika Neudecker  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:50
English to German
Jul 28, 2004

Hi, everyone!

When translation agencies request that a translator work with TRADOS, what is the usual procedure? Which files are sent to the agency? Cleaned and uncleaned? The TM? In other words, what is different from other jobs when working with TRADOS?

Thanks for your input

Annika

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
It depends Jul 28, 2004

The agency will tell you what to do. They will usually send you source files (possibly in Trados format) and TM and they will require uncleaned files (sometimes both cleaned and uncleaned).

Tadzio (X)
Tadzio (X)
English to Spanish
Maybe they'll... Jul 28, 2004

Hi Annika!
Maybe they'll ask you all items you're mentioning; but they mostly want to make sure that you'll keep the terminology unchanged and that you'll respect the translation deadline, since fuzzy matches shorten the translating length of time...
Regards,
Tadzio.

Annika Neudecker
Annika Neudecker  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks & Sorry Jul 30, 2004

Thanks, Hynek and Tadzio! I apologize for my late response. I appreciate your help) Have a nice weekend!

[Edited at 2004-07-30 15:28]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What's the "TRADOS job" procedure....?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »