Geneviève Granger  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:21
Member (2006)
German to French
+ ...
Sep 16, 2011

Hello,

I am trying to install Transit XV under Windows 7, but, as soon as the installation starts, I get the message:
"The wizard was interrupted before Transit... could be completely installed."
Other fellow translators report having installed Transit XV under Windows 7 without problem and the Internet provides plenty of reports for this error message for other software. Therefore, I don't think that the problem is related to Transit itself.
Unfortunately, none
... See more
Hello,

I am trying to install Transit XV under Windows 7, but, as soon as the installation starts, I get the message:
"The wizard was interrupted before Transit... could be completely installed."
Other fellow translators report having installed Transit XV under Windows 7 without problem and the Internet provides plenty of reports for this error message for other software. Therefore, I don't think that the problem is related to Transit itself.
Unfortunately, none of the fixes I found in the Internet solves my problem. Has somebody here encountered this problem? ... solve it? ...and how?

Thanks in advance,
Geneviève
Collapse

Suzanne Blangsted (X)
Suzanne Blangsted (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:21
Danish to English
+ ...
W7 and installation Sep 17, 2011

First - Are you sure the program is for your type of PC's OS?

Second - I believe your PC's security system (such as Norton or McAfee) are causing your problem.

Possible solution - Unplug from the Internet, disable your security system, and install your program. Then enable the security system, reboot and go back on line.

Please note, I don't use Transit, but had an installation problem with another program though was able to get the program installed whe
... See more
First - Are you sure the program is for your type of PC's OS?

Second - I believe your PC's security system (such as Norton or McAfee) are causing your problem.

Possible solution - Unplug from the Internet, disable your security system, and install your program. Then enable the security system, reboot and go back on line.

Please note, I don't use Transit, but had an installation problem with another program though was able to get the program installed when disabling the security system while being off-line.

Blangsted
Collapse

Geneviève Granger
Germany
Member (2006)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Sep 18, 2011

We have finally solved this, and the problem also occurred with a number of other programs I have been wanting to install under Windows 7: All these programmes have to be installed under the computer administrator account - the permissions of an other account even one with advanced administrator rights is not enough.

Geneviève Granger
Germany
Member (2006)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Request to the moderator Sep 23, 2011

Hello Moderator,

The original posting was made under the "Windows operating systems" forum as "Installation problem under Windows 7. You have changed my forum posting to another forum and also changed the title. Nevertheless, I don't think that those changes are as "appropriate" as you assumed, for a reason I mentioned in my posting: This is NOT a Transit problem, but a Windows 7 one, the same problem has been reported for many other programmes in the Internet. In the mean time, I h
... See more
Hello Moderator,

The original posting was made under the "Windows operating systems" forum as "Installation problem under Windows 7. You have changed my forum posting to another forum and also changed the title. Nevertheless, I don't think that those changes are as "appropriate" as you assumed, for a reason I mentioned in my posting: This is NOT a Transit problem, but a Windows 7 one, the same problem has been reported for many other programmes in the Internet. In the mean time, I have had myself the same problem with several other software programs. Please UNDO this change and analyse better the contents of the postings before you perform such changes. - Thank you.

Geneviève.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit XV installation problem under Windows 7

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »