Ivana Andersen Kapustova
Ivana Andersen Kapustova  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:40
Member (2006)
English to Slovak
+ ...
Dec 29, 2011

I have translated a file and now that the translation is done and sent to the client I have found out that the source and target segments no longer match. That is - the source segments are numbered 1, 2, 3, etc. and the target segments - 2, 4, 6 etc. When I click on the source segment nr. 2 it is the target segment nr. 2 that is highlighted instead of nr. 4. (the corresponding pairs are 1-2, 2-4, 3-6 etc. but they are not recognized as such by the program) I have no idea how this could have hap... See more
I have translated a file and now that the translation is done and sent to the client I have found out that the source and target segments no longer match. That is - the source segments are numbered 1, 2, 3, etc. and the target segments - 2, 4, 6 etc. When I click on the source segment nr. 2 it is the target segment nr. 2 that is highlighted instead of nr. 4. (the corresponding pairs are 1-2, 2-4, 3-6 etc. but they are not recognized as such by the program) I have no idea how this could have happened. Is there any way how to fix this?Collapse

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
view Feb 2, 2012

Are you sure you have the same view options? Maybe in your source window all mark-up only segments are shown and in the target winedow they are not (or vice versa). Ensure you have the same view options in both windows.

Ivana Andersen Kapustova
Ivana Andersen Kapustova  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:40
Member (2006)
English to Slovak
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The problem was solved Feb 3, 2012

The problem was solved by overwriting the corrupted source file in the project folder by an uncorrupted one from the original PPF-file. I still do not know what could have caused this problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit NXT source and target segments do not match

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »