Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Jan 18, 2012

Hi all,

I've translated my first InDesign CS5.5 project, using InDesign CS5.5 GATE, InDesign CS5.5 Mac and Transit NXT SP 4.

Everything went fine and I enjoyed the near WYSIWYG view in Transit during proofreading.

After loading the translated TTC files (a larger machine manual) in InDesign CS5.5, however, I noticed that several stories were not translated. That is: they were translated in Transit but obviously they were not exported.

I t
... See more
Hi all,

I've translated my first InDesign CS5.5 project, using InDesign CS5.5 GATE, InDesign CS5.5 Mac and Transit NXT SP 4.

Everything went fine and I enjoyed the near WYSIWYG view in Transit during proofreading.

After loading the translated TTC files (a larger machine manual) in InDesign CS5.5, however, I noticed that several stories were not translated. That is: they were translated in Transit but obviously they were not exported.

I think this is quite a bug for a filter that has costed me EUR 1000,00 .

How are your experiences with InDesign CS5.5 GATE? Can it be trusted or should we go for the IDML route?

Did anyone create a FFD for IDML he'd like to share?

BR,

Hans
Collapse

starspain
starspain
Spain
Local time: 01:02
Member (2003)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Try SP5 Jan 19, 2012

Hello Hans

You say you are using SP4, but support for CS5.5 was only released with SP5. Reading the Readmes sometimes helps

Regards, Michael

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
SP5 has to be used for CS 5.5 Jan 19, 2012

starspain wrote:

Hello Hans

You say you are using SP4, but support for CS5.5 was only released with SP5. Reading the Readmes sometimes helps

Regards, Michael

Thanks Michael, Elke told me the same and was so kind to check the ID files.

Now I have a big problem:

- Term insertion only works good in SP 4 (in SP 5 it is way too slow)
- Recent filters only work in SP 5

This means that I'll have to do something I really don't like:

- Create projects in SP 5
- Translate in SP 4
- Export in SP 5

Let us hope that term insertion will be fixed for SP 5 too.

Thanks to you and Elke for all good help!

Hans

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Severe bug in InDesign CS5.5 GATE?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »