Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Jan 18, 2012

Hi all,

Most likely Transit is the only mayor CAT tool that still doesn't support Google Translate, although there has been a 'Machine Translation interface' on the Ressources bar since Transit NXT was introduced.

Is there someone who has managed to integrate Google Translate, Bing Translator, TAUS or MyMemory?

BR,

Hans

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
google translate Feb 2, 2012

I don't know about it, but I guess it's about costs for using. Google Translate is not free anymore and each application, which uses this service will be monitored by Google and you will be charged at the end of the month depending on the number of accesses to it.

The question is - how to find a provider like Google Translate which can give you an opportunity to give access to thousands applications to access it for free. If every Transit user will access Google Translate - that wou
... See more
I don't know about it, but I guess it's about costs for using. Google Translate is not free anymore and each application, which uses this service will be monitored by Google and you will be charged at the end of the month depending on the number of accesses to it.

The question is - how to find a provider like Google Translate which can give you an opportunity to give access to thousands applications to access it for free. If every Transit user will access Google Translate - that would be a lot of traffic and you have to handle with Google about it.

Bing Translator is another story - it's free. It's even very easy to create a small app, which monitors your clipboard and can give you translations if needed.
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Every individual Google Translate user will have to pay for himself Feb 3, 2012

Squires wrote:

If every Transit user will access Google Translate - that would be a lot of traffic and you have to handle with Google about it.

STAR can handle this exactly the way all other CAT tool vendors handle this: Each and every individual Google Translate user will have to get a personal license and to pay for himself.

BTW: Personally I don't see much benefit in using GT. It is too fuzzy for my intentions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit NXT and Google Translate

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »