Paraskevas Stavrakos  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 09:01
Member (2011)
English to Greek
+ ...
May 17, 2013

Hello

The Import, Export, Merge extract buttons in Processing tab in my Transit Nxt are deactivated.
I have never tried to use these functions up to now, since I only unpack and pack projects
in the translator role.

Now I have a project which I have unpacked (ppf) and I also have an incomplete translation
of this project (tpf) which I want to import.

Why are the buttons deactivated? I have tried to change user roles, but the buttons remai
... See more
Hello

The Import, Export, Merge extract buttons in Processing tab in my Transit Nxt are deactivated.
I have never tried to use these functions up to now, since I only unpack and pack projects
in the translator role.

Now I have a project which I have unpacked (ppf) and I also have an incomplete translation
of this project (tpf) which I want to import.

Why are the buttons deactivated? I have tried to change user roles, but the buttons remain deactivated.
Is this due to a possibly limited version of NXT?

Thanks in advance

[Edited at 2013-05-17 20:33 GMT]
Collapse

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
requirements May 20, 2013

This can depend on the role. Try choosing the Super User role in the roles menu. This one allows you to do every possible operation.
Secondly, not every version allows to do import , export and merge or some other operations. Only Professional version can do this, freelance version only allows you to receive projects, translate them and create a translation package.
Third point: some operations are not allowed if you are not the author of the project. If you receive a project from so
... See more
This can depend on the role. Try choosing the Super User role in the roles menu. This one allows you to do every possible operation.
Secondly, not every version allows to do import , export and merge or some other operations. Only Professional version can do this, freelance version only allows you to receive projects, translate them and create a translation package.
Third point: some operations are not allowed if you are not the author of the project. If you receive a project from someone and this project lacks specific files, you can't do some operations. E.g. you can't import if you don't have the import files and the filter is not allowed, you can't exportif you don't have COD files.
Collapse

Paraskevas Stavrakos
Greece
Member (2011)
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Use of the forward button May 21, 2013

Squires, thanks for your answer.
The version I own is a limited version.
I changed the user role to super user but the same thing happens.

By using the forward button I can create a ppf and then unpack it on another PC.
When I finish the translation I can use the forward button again and create a new ppf which I can then unpack again on the initial PC. In this way I can continue
an incomplete translation on different computers.
The pack button (for tp
... See more
Squires, thanks for your answer.
The version I own is a limited version.
I changed the user role to super user but the same thing happens.

By using the forward button I can create a ppf and then unpack it on another PC.
When I finish the translation I can use the forward button again and create a new ppf which I can then unpack again on the initial PC. In this way I can continue
an incomplete translation on different computers.
The pack button (for tpf creation) can not be used with my version in this case, because the software requires a ppf file to unpack and as mentioned the import button is greyed-out.

Paraskevas
Collapse

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
requirements May 28, 2013

Do you create the project yourself or get from someone else?

Paraskevas Stavrakos
Greece
Member (2011)
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Project already created as ppf file Jun 4, 2013

Hi Squires,

The project is already created as .ppf file on a PC and then I transfer the project to another PC in order to resume translation and then transfer it back to the initial PC.
This is possible with the forward button, as I found out.

Regards
Paraskevas

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transtit NXT import, export, merge extract buttons deactivated

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »