Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 23:51
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Oct 17, 2006

and from what XV Version shows me, it's just a plain DOC file, pretranslated etc.

Either I'll push some iron and polish up my rusty Transit experience. Or some good soul explains to me again (been done before, but I lost the URL) how to move the stuff to Trados and back.

TiA

Vito

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
receive / send Oct 18, 2006

You "receive" (an external project) in the the Transit menu which opens after running the program; work on it; and "send" it when it is done.

HTH
Antonin

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
I dont have a problem with using Transit Oct 18, 2006

... I mean, I have an XV version and I have translated cca 50000 words with Transit - which is not a lot, but enough to learn how to pull the ropes.

I just feel rusty about it and - to repeat the question - I would prefer to convert the contents of PXF (or ENG and SLV files in the projects) into a bilingual TMX, use trados and then push the new TMX back into transit.

The alternative - as I wrote - would/will be to refresh my experience ("...what's the key combination
... See more
... I mean, I have an XV version and I have translated cca 50000 words with Transit - which is not a lot, but enough to learn how to pull the ropes.

I just feel rusty about it and - to repeat the question - I would prefer to convert the contents of PXF (or ENG and SLV files in the projects) into a bilingual TMX, use trados and then push the new TMX back into transit.

The alternative - as I wrote - would/will be to refresh my experience ("...what's the key combination for get to next untranslated? Alt NUM+? Oops...") From this perspective it's like being forced to work with a foreign language keyboard. Have you tried it? I can tell you from my own experience (Flamish for instance, with no English signs on key caps) that you go absolutely gaga. But it's good for steeling your nerves.

So probably I'll do it in Transit anyhow.

[Edited at 2006-10-18 11:21]
Collapse

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
I misunderstood, sorry Oct 18, 2006

AFAIK, there is some software for working on Transit projects in something else (such as Trados) - I believe this particular issue was discussed on this forum several times. I cannot help you much in this respcet since my procedue is the opposite - I prefer working in Transit on Trados files.

Antonin

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
Maybe I can help Oct 18, 2006

Hi Vito,

I process Transit projects in Deja Vu X from time to time and DVX is able to export the segments into a Word table that you could process with Trados. If you think that this would be of any help, I can do this for you. I would need the pxf for that. Just contact me privately through my profile page.

Cheers,
Wolfgang

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I have a Transit PE PXF to do

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »