RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 00:39
German to English
+ ...
Feb 25, 2003

Hello,

is there anyone who can help us to convert Transit reference material (language pairs and / or projects) into the TMX format for use with Trados?

Thanks

Hans

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 19:39
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Alignment Feb 25, 2003

If I\'m not mistaken, Star Transit is based on document bases, rather than a traditional translation memory format.

You can \'convert\' TM from Deja VU, SDLX or Trados into other formats, but for Transit you may have to start from the original documents and perform their alignment from scratch, for example using WinAlign.

Gianfranco

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Reference material Feb 25, 2003

Hello

Winalign is not posible, because we only have the reference material from Transit.

Thanks

Hans

sylver
sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:39
English to French
Check out past thread Feb 26, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-02-25 16:35, DSC wrote:

Hello

Winalign is not posible, because we only have the reference material from Transit.

Thanks

Hans

I wrote quite some stuff on that subject some time ago. See on jan 29, a question \" how can I convert PXF for use in DV, Trados,...?\"

But let\'s be clear on something fir... See more
Quote:

On 2003-02-25 16:35, DSC wrote:

Hello

Thanks

Hans

I wrote quite some stuff on that subject some time ago. See on jan 29, a question \" how can I convert PXF for use in DV, Trados,...?\"

But let\'s be clear on something first. TMX is a translation memory format. So you can not get \"the reference material\" in TMX. Only the TM -or converting the language pair to TM format. For termstar and the dictionary, forget about TMX.

I guess you have star transit satellite, and that means you will have to play around a lot because it is a very limited software. If you have a full version of transit, I suspect there is an export function supporting TMX somewhere. In this case, piece of cake. ▲ Collapse

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Feb 28, 2003

Hello,

of course we want to convert the reference material without terminology into TMX.

We use a Transit 3 full version. It seems, that it is only possible to export the current translation of a project to TMX.

Therefore we have build a new pseudo translation project. Then we have copied the file of the language pairs (of the reference) to the place of the language pair files of the pseudo project. Then it was possible to export to TMX.

This w
... See more
Hello,

of course we want to convert the reference material without terminology into TMX.

We use a Transit 3 full version. It seems, that it is only possible to export the current translation of a project to TMX.

Therefore we have build a new pseudo translation project. Then we have copied the file of the language pairs (of the reference) to the place of the language pair files of the pseudo project. Then it was possible to export to TMX.

This way seems possible for XML and maybe SGML or HTML files. We don\'t check this for other language pars from other file formats.

Hans
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:39
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Xbench Jan 2, 2012

I just converted a folder of Dutch and English Transit aligned files into a TMX using Xbench

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to convert Transit reference material into TMX

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »