Thread poster: Michele Minsuk
Michele Minsuk
Michele Minsuk
Local time: 17:41
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 28, 2013

Hello,
I am wondering if any of you have experience (good or bad) with any of the commercially available interpreter scheduling software packages in a court setting. I am particularly interested in a system that would be able to accomodate several locations and around 30 interpreters daily plus the ability for "clients", ie: court clerks, and interpeters to access. I would also be interested in hearing about any success customizing and using some more generic scheduling software for this
... See more
Hello,
I am wondering if any of you have experience (good or bad) with any of the commercially available interpreter scheduling software packages in a court setting. I am particularly interested in a system that would be able to accomodate several locations and around 30 interpreters daily plus the ability for "clients", ie: court clerks, and interpeters to access. I would also be interested in hearing about any success customizing and using some more generic scheduling software for this purpose, such as Microsoft Access.

Of course, cost effectiveness is key.

Thanks,
Michele
Collapse

stevejones
stevejones
United Kingdom
Scheduling Software Oct 29, 2013

Hello Michele,

We offer scheduling software but understand that the forum does not allow advertising so will not mention our product directly.

Your needs are very common among the people I deal with who need scheduling or are trying to move from Access or Excel. My advice would be to google for 'resource scheduling software' rather than a specific product. This means you are not forced to plan staff or rooms but you can choose the resources you want to plan like locatio
... See more
Hello Michele,

We offer scheduling software but understand that the forum does not allow advertising so will not mention our product directly.

Your needs are very common among the people I deal with who need scheduling or are trying to move from Access or Excel. My advice would be to google for 'resource scheduling software' rather than a specific product. This means you are not forced to plan staff or rooms but you can choose the resources you want to plan like locations, interpreters, clients, job types, clerks etc, which would suit your needs much better.

We hope any product you find will allow you to see how much time and effort you can save by using a true scheduling solution over Excel or Access which work great but are not made for scheduling.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Steve
Collapse

erericwilson
erericwilson
United States
production scheduling software May 7, 2014

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Court Interpreter Scheduling Software

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »