Rita Translator
Rita Translator  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:45
German to English
Specific skills Oct 19, 2023

kd42 wrote:

Ana Cuesta wrote:
But if the message is obviously sent to a whole list of people (even if my name appears in the salutation but it’s clearly automatized), I probably won’t bother unless I am interested in the job at hand or on further collaboration.

This is intriguing. If I decide to send you a message asking for a quote, am I expected to mention your town or some local event, or praise a couple of your Instagram photos?

I have a couple of clients who are now my good friends, after 10-15 years of working together, but it all started very formally, from a "clearly automatized" email with my name in it. So, I don't understand what you mean.

I also tend to ignore emails that look like they've been sent out to 100 translators. If someone mentions being referred by another client or colleague then I'll definitely respond, but even something like this would get a response:

"Dear Rita Translator,

I'm a translator in SPECIALIZATION / LANGUAGE PAIR, and I have a client that needs a document on X (XYZ lines) translated into English. I saw on your website that you specialize in this field, so I'd like to ask if you're interested. If so, how much would you charge and how soon could you deliver the translation?

Sincerely,
Fellow Translator"

Michele Fauble

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Professionals are hard to find

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »