How to send fax via broadband with XP.
Thread poster: dlgore
dlgore
dlgore
Local time: 20:03
German to English
Dec 2, 2006

I do not have a phone line within easy reach of my scanner/printer/fax. The XP fax assistant and the Brother software that came with my MFC210C allows docs to be sent to the fax machine and then faxed over the phone lines. How do I configure my XP Home to send faxes via broadband without paying a monthly fee?
Thanks for any help!
Dan

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad
Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 02:03
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Connect to the line Dec 2, 2006

You will need to connect the fax to the phone line to avoid any monthly fees for sending fax, or try to find a free service on the Internet.

Amy Duncan (X)
Amy Duncan (X)  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 21:03
Portuguese to English
+ ...
I use the scanner Dec 2, 2006

Don't know if this is helpful, but I haven't used a fax machine/service in years. I always scan documents and send them via e-mail.

Amy

dlgore
dlgore
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Dec 2, 2006

I was afraid someone would say that. I hoped I was just overlooking something. Thank you!

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 18:03
English to German
+ ...
Send2Fax, Mail2Fax, email2fax, etc. Dec 3, 2006

Googling for such keywords you can find services who allow for faxing via broadband without a monthly fee.

Han Li
Han Li  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 08:03
English to Chinese
+ ...
Faxing in Windows XP Dec 3, 2006

Hi Dan,
I hope this helpful.
Faxing in Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/crawford_02october21.mspx

Regards,
Han Li

[Edited at 2006-12-04 04:41]

dlgore
dlgore
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Dec 3, 2006

[Edited at 2006-12-03 17:16]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to send fax via broadband with XP.

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »