Wordfast don't translate
Téma indítója: garcilla
garcilla
garcilla  Identity Verified
angol - spanyol
+ ...
Aug 12, 2016

Hola.

Me he descargado la versión de prueba pues nunca lo había usado, he estado viendo un tutorial y haciendo todo lo que me dicen y no me da traducción, ¿Por qué puede ser, es porque es una versión de prueba?

Gracias

Cristina

Marcelina Haftka
Marcelina Haftka  Identity Verified
Lengyelország
Local time: 23:23
angol - lengyel
+ ...
You need to feed your CAT Aug 12, 2016

Hola, Cristina.

CAT tools do not translate, they only store YOUR translations and may provide machine translations as well.

For Translation Memory features see:
https://www.wordfast.net/wiki/Translation_Memory
... See more
Hola, Cristina.

CAT tools do not translate, they only store YOUR translations and may provide machine translations as well.

For Translation Memory features see:
https://www.wordfast.net/wiki/Translation_Memory
https://www.wordfast.net/wiki/Your_First_Translation_with_Wordfast_Pro
http://www.wordfast.com/WFP2/Managing_projects/Creating_or_Opening_a_Translation_Memory.htm
Collapse

garcilla
angol - spanyol
+ ...
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
No me traduce Aug 12, 2016

Thank you for your information.

and how can I do for uisng the machine translation?

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spanyolország
Local time: 22:23
Tag (2007 óta)
angol
+ ...
A CAT is an investment in every way Aug 12, 2016

Marcelina Haftka wrote:
CAT tools do not translate, they only store YOUR translations..

In time, it will start finding segments that you've translated before and so it will start proposing them to you. It will also remind you of terms in the glossaries you've linked to it. And it will perform any number of QA checks as per your instructions.

You can use the full features of Wordfast for unlimited time. You have all the capabilities. But your size of TM is severely restricted. So, just when it starts being most useful you'll find it will pay you to get rid of that limit. You'll lose nothing and will get an immediate ROI. Even if you don't get a whole load of matches (I don't in marketing texts) it's still useful.

Just don't let agencies take all the savings and leave you with no ROI at all.

garcilla
angol - spanyol
+ ...
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
Wordfast don't translate" Aug 12, 2016

Thanks for the information.

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Egyesült Államok
Local time: 16:23
Tag (2002 óta)
angol - spanyol
+ ...
Use the Machine Translation feature Aug 12, 2016

If you need a machine translation using Wordfast, you should enable the Machine Translation feature. To do that:

Edit > Preferences > Translations > Machine translations (Machine Translation behavior, select Always perform MT translations), next choose a MT service provider (I think the only service provider that does not require a client identification is WorldLingo).

Next clic con Apply > OK.

Good look with the machine translation!

Clarisa... See more
If you need a machine translation using Wordfast, you should enable the Machine Translation feature. To do that:

Edit > Preferences > Translations > Machine translations (Machine Translation behavior, select Always perform MT translations), next choose a MT service provider (I think the only service provider that does not require a client identification is WorldLingo).

Next clic con Apply > OK.

Good look with the machine translation!

Clarisa

[Edited at 2016-08-12 21:46 GMT]
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Lengyelország
Local time: 23:23
Tag (2002 óta)
angol - orosz
+ ...

A fórum moderátora
A WEBOLDALAT LOKALIZÁLÓ FORDÍTÓ
Hi everybody Aug 12, 2016

The working language in this forum is English: please use English so that everybody could participate. Otherwise we may move the thread to the Spanish forum.

Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast don't translate

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »