Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
フィンランド
Local time: 02:06
2003に入会
フィンランド語 から ドイツ語
+ ...
Jun 23, 2005

I converted a TM from Trados for Wf. Now when I reorganize the TM in Wf (5.0), I get a message: 5 TU found with language code longer than 5 characters. Search for DE-DE in order to locate the first bad TU.

But when I look at the TM in an editor, all looks fine, there is no unit that looks strange. And the TM works alright.
I thinik at least the message should tell the number of the unit instead of this cryptic text.

Any experience?
Regards
Heinr
... See more
I converted a TM from Trados for Wf. Now when I reorganize the TM in Wf (5.0), I get a message: 5 TU found with language code longer than 5 characters. Search for DE-DE in order to locate the first bad TU.

But when I look at the TM in an editor, all looks fine, there is no unit that looks strange. And the TM works alright.
I thinik at least the message should tell the number of the unit instead of this cryptic text.

Any experience?
Regards
Heinrich
Collapse

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad
Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
ノルウェー
Local time: 01:06
2002に入会
英語 から ノルウェー語
+ ...
Excel Jun 23, 2005

I have experienced this as well, and I opened the TM in Excel. Doing this helped a lot to spot the error, and it was then quite easy to fix.

Good luck.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Not very helpful error message

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »