Vladimir Shapovalov  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:23
Member (2003)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Feb 11, 2003

Hello,

I am a PayPal user since the year 2000. Few months ago certain restrictions were placed on my account (for outgoing payments, cashing) pending my presenting some extra ID verification. I guess this was triggered by the fact that I am usually using this account from outside the US, so each time I get these \"Please, confirm that these are your attempts to log on\" messages from PayPal immediately after logging in. Anyway, after reading the instructions (what needs to b
... See more
Hello,

I am a PayPal user since the year 2000. Few months ago certain restrictions were placed on my account (for outgoing payments, cashing) pending my presenting some extra ID verification. I guess this was triggered by the fact that I am usually using this account from outside the US, so each time I get these \"Please, confirm that these are your attempts to log on\" messages from PayPal immediately after logging in. Anyway, after reading the instructions (what needs to be done to lift the restrictions) I figured out that copies of some bills should be faxed to them and it was done more than two weeks ago. However, the restrictions are still there and I cannot withdraw any money (I have about $55 there right now).

Being user of a regular account, I recently received a credit card payment and PayPal asked me to upgrade to Premium membership in order to accept the new payment (about $170). However, if I fail to do so, the money will be returned to my customer (and maybe saved from PayPal\'s deadlock).

Can someone share his/her experiences with PayPal related to the time/actions it took them to lift the restrictions? I am faxing another set of ID docs (bank statements) now, but it worries me whether they DO EVER lift the restrictions at all...

I sent them an inquiry through a web form on their site and got a standard reply describing how to lift the restrictions, but obviously NOBODY there read my message before replying.

Thanks for your help!

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-02-11 13:32]
Collapse

TimeinTime (X)
TimeinTime (X)
English to French
+ ...
I have the same problem Feb 11, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-02-11 13:26, VladQ wrote:

Hello,

I am a PayPal user since the year 2000. Few months ago certain restrictions were placed on my account (for outgoing payments, cashing) pending my presenting some extra ID verification. I guess this was triggered by the fact that I am usually using this account from outside the US, so each time I get these \"Please, confirm that these are your attempts to log on\" ... See more
Quote:

On 2003-02-11 13:26, VladQ wrote:

Hello,

I am a PayPal user since the year 2000. Few months ago certain restrictions were placed on my account (for outgoing payments, cashing) pending my presenting some extra ID verification. I guess this was triggered by the fact that I am usually using this account from outside the US, so each time I get these \"Please, confirm that these are your attempts to log on\" messages from PayPal immediately after logging in. Anyway, after reading the instructions (what needs to be done to lift the restrictions) I figured out that copies of some bills should be faxed to them and it was done more than two weeks ago. However, the restrictions are still there and I cannot withdraw any money (I have about $55 there right now).

Being user of a regular account, I recently received a credit card payment and PayPal asked me to upgrade to Premium membership in order to accept the new payment (about $170). However, if I fail to do so, the money will be returned to my customer (and maybe saved from PayPal\'s deadlock).

Can someone share his/her experiences with PayPal related to the time/actions it took them to lift the restrictions? I am faxing another set of ID docs (bank statements) now, but it worries me whether they DO EVER lift the restrictions at all...

I sent them an inquiry through a web form on their site and got a standard reply describing how to lift the restrictions, but obviously NOBODY there read my message before replying.

Thanks for your help!

[ This Message was edited byn2003-02-11 13:32]

I sent a lot of faxes and nothing, they do nothing and last time I use paypal it was incredible, I RECEVED 42 USD AND AFTER i RECEVED 28 EUROS IN MY BANK!!!!!!!!!! 14 EUROS WERE FEE FOR PAYPAL!!!!!!!!!!!, SO i CLOSED THE PAYPAL ACCOUNT. ▲ Collapse

cillegio
cillegio
Local time: 09:23
Azerbaijani to Russian
+ ...
http://www.paypalsucks.com/ Mar 23, 2003

Have you seen this?

They have cheated me for $70.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PayPal-related question

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »