Cursos de verano de traducción inversa (España)
Thread poster: Jessie LN
Jessie LN
Jessie LN  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:34
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 18, 2012

Hola a todos,

Busco un curso de verano (presencial) en España sobre la traducción 'inversa', o sea, español > inglés.

He encontrado uno en Tandem Madrid pero se enfoca en la traducción jurídica - preferiría estudiar la traducción literaria o audiovisual.

¿Sabe alguién de algún curso de este tipo? Puede ser en cualquier parte de España.

Muchas gracias de antemano!

[Edited at 2012-12-18 14:55 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-12-18 15:10 GMT]

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 20:34
Spanish to English
+ ...
Reason for request Dec 18, 2012

Jessie L. wrote:

Hola a todos,

Busco un curso de verano (presencial) en España sobre la traducción 'inversa', o sea, español > inglés...

¿Sabe alguién de algún curso de este tipo? Puede ser en cualquier parte de España.

Muchas gracias de antemano!

[Edited at 2012-12-18 14:55 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-12-18 15:10 GMT]

Hi Jessie. After a quick look at your profile (I don't really know any Glasgow-based translators, although it's my home town) I wondered why you feel you need a course if you are already working in the pair, unless it's simply to improve/refresh your level of Spanish while focusing on translation. I don't know of any myself, and in fact would actively discourage anyone thinking of setting one up for native Spanish speakers, as the market is already overpopulated with non-native translators IMHO.
However, I think that almost any course in translation held in Spain would be useful to you in most cases, whether it is focused on "inversa" or the "normal" way round(into your L1). Whatever, I wish you the best of luck.

PS: If I do hear of anything interesting I'll let you know.

[Edited at 2012-12-19 12:00 GMT]

Jessie LN
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Neil Dec 18, 2012

No, I wouldn't encourage anyone to translate into a non-native language either, but this is something I'm interested in doing just to refresh my language skills as I haven't lived in Spain for a few years now. I may just opt to go on a language course if there's no translation course available.

I noticed a post on here detailing some courses held in the UK for people translating from English, normally combined with English language study as well (or at least they used to exist; some
... See more
No, I wouldn't encourage anyone to translate into a non-native language either, but this is something I'm interested in doing just to refresh my language skills as I haven't lived in Spain for a few years now. I may just opt to go on a language course if there's no translation course available.

I noticed a post on here detailing some courses held in the UK for people translating from English, normally combined with English language study as well (or at least they used to exist; some of the links in the following post are broken) here: http://www.proz.com/forum/teaching_and_learning_languages/102530-summer_courses_for_translators_and_interpreters.html so I thought I'd try my luck and see if anything similar was offered in Spain.

Thank you for your well-wishes
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:34
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Have you checked... Dec 18, 2012

with Cálamo y Cran or Estudio Sampere in Madrid?

Jessie LN
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hola Tomás Dec 19, 2012

Yes, I've checked with them and they DO offer some really wonderful courses, but only for English > Spanish, as far as I can see.

Jessie LN
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
IT Salamanca Aug 15, 2013

Si a alguien le interesa, Intérpretes y Traductores Salamanca ofrece cursos cortos de traducción (directa y inversa) a lo largo del año - http://www.itsalamanca.com.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cursos de verano de traducción inversa (España)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »