vollebregt  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 05:27
Member (2006)
Dutch to English
Jun 28, 2022

Hi All,

I use SDL Trados 2019.

I have downloaded the SDLXLIFF TOOLKIT plugin from the Appstore and installed it. Everything in that process went well.

But now I cannot find the application on my computer. According to the Toolkit UserGuide, "The installation will create an icon on your desktop, a shortcut to the application in Studio ... and a shortcut in the Windows start menu...". I cannot find it anywhere in these locations.

In my SDL Trados
... See more
Hi All,

I use SDL Trados 2019.

I have downloaded the SDLXLIFF TOOLKIT plugin from the Appstore and installed it. Everything in that process went well.

But now I cannot find the application on my computer. According to the Toolkit UserGuide, "The installation will create an icon on your desktop, a shortcut to the application in Studio ... and a shortcut in the Windows start menu...". I cannot find it anywhere in these locations.

In my SDL Trados 2019, to which I installed it, it does not show it under 'Installed Plugins' in the Welcome area.

I tried to install it again by double-clicking on the file. Again it was happy to run through the Wizard, although it pointed out that I already had the plugin installed. I went ahead anyway and performed the installation again, but still I cannot find the application anywhere.

I'm just trying to install it so that I can perform find/replace across a number of files in one project.

Help appreciated

[Edited at 2022-06-28 08:42 GMT]
Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 02:27
English to Thai
+ ...
Trados 2019 issues Jun 28, 2022

You can read some issues regarding Trados 2019 add-ons for resources here.

"SDL Trados Studio 2019 announcement (Trados support)" https://www.proz.com/post/2741162

Regards
Soonthon L.

vollebregt
Australia
Member (2006)
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Just being able to batch find/replace would be a big help Jun 28, 2022

Unfortunately those issues are not related to the batch find/replace and I cannot find the solution there.

I have 120 files in this project, and need to do an find/replace on some words.

Anyone have any other ideas how to action this in Trados 2019?

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 20:27
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Have you seen this? Jun 28, 2022

https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/trados-studio/f/studio/14575/sdlxliff-toolkit-plugin

https://multifarious.filkin.com/2017/01/14/revisiting-the-toolkit/

... See more
https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/trados-studio/f/studio/14575/sdlxliff-toolkit-plugin

https://multifarious.filkin.com/2017/01/14/revisiting-the-toolkit/

I hope it helps!
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 22:27
English to Russian
Open all as one Jun 28, 2022

vollebregt wrote:
I have 120 files in this project, and need to do an find/replace on some words.
1. You can select all the files and open them in a multiple files mode, then do your replacements.
2. What regards their instructions, they seem to be outdated. They don't apply changes in a hurry. I asked about the T-Window for Clipboard app half a year ago but RWS never returned with any update even though Paul promised to do so "shortly"
My 2021 version does not create shortcuts except those in the 'View' and 'Add-Ins' tabs in Studio.
It can be here:

OR here:

[Edited at 2022-06-28 23:59 GMT]

expressisverbis

vollebregt
Australia
Member (2006)
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Solved, thank you for your help Jun 28, 2022

Great comments, thank you everyone!

With your help Stepan, I found the SDLXLIFF TOOLKIT plugin under the 'Add-ins'.

Selecting all the files to open them in multiple file mode and perform the find/replace, was also a great option.

Appreciated the help

Stepan Konev
expressisverbis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLXLIFF TOOLKIT Plugin - installed but cannot find the application

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »