Chile
Local time: 11:52
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Jan 20, 2008

(Bilingual posting)

J'ai gagné un voyage au Canada

Dear all, forgive my intrusion in your forum (and my English).

Les francophones connaissent "La dictée des Amériques", well, I won the Senior place in Chile (two winners, one Senior and one Junior) and this means that I'll take part in the "Finale" in Quebec. J'étais si heureuse quand j'ai su que j'étais « celle qui avait fait moins de fautes » (parce que c'est dur !). Heureuse parce que le prix c'e
... See more
(Bilingual posting)

J'ai gagné un voyage au Canada

Dear all, forgive my intrusion in your forum (and my English).

Les francophones connaissent "La dictée des Amériques", well, I won the Senior place in Chile (two winners, one Senior and one Junior) and this means that I'll take part in the "Finale" in Quebec. J'étais si heureuse quand j'ai su que j'étais « celle qui avait fait moins de fautes » (parce que c'est dur !). Heureuse parce que le prix c'est ce voyage.

Le Canada est très lié à mon histoire de traductrice qui a commencé seulement en 2001, quand j'ai décidé de quitter l'enseignement. The first people who helped me to become an actual translator lived there, and I prepared my Translation Certificate in the Collège Universitaire de Saint Boniface (Manitoba).
My translator life is linked to internet and internet is linked to virtual relationships.
La première chose qui m'est venue à l'esprit a été que j'allais (enfin !) rencontrer en chair et en os ceux que je connaissais en deux dimensions.

The trip I won includes a four days stay in Québec, but I decided that it was my opportunity to stay a bit longer. Rallonger mon billet a été très facile et je serai donc à Québec du 12 au 16 mars, à Montréal du 16 au 23 et à Toronto du 23 au 27 (on dirait une tournée).
In Quebec I'll be at the hotel and don't really know the program the organizers will have for us (I only know that one day I have to do the dictation), In Montreal I'll be at my friends' house and in Toronto I'll need some help and advice about everything (in Toronto I don't think I know anybody but the plane to Chile leaves from there).

Dans toutes les villes je serais heureuse de rencontrer des traducteurs, j'adore les Powwows, les rencontres, en plus je serai en vacances (je travaille très dur en ce moment pour les prendre sans aucun remords), donc vous pouvez m'écrire si vous avez de bons plans ou si vous voulez me faire découvrir des aspects de votre pays que vous aimeriez partager.

In the following page of the Canadian Embassy in Chile you can see a picture of the winners and the Ambassador

http://geo.international.gc.ca/latin-america/chile/news/calendar-of-events-es.aspx

À bientôt

Claudia
Collapse

Juliana Brown
Juliana Brown  Identity Verified
Israel
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Hola Claudia Jan 20, 2008

Felicitaciones! Yo estoy en Toronto, y si me mandas un mail te podria dar algunas ideas para tu estadia aca.

Nicholas Ferreira
Nicholas Ferreira  Identity Verified
Canada
Spanish to English
+ ...
Greetings from Toronto Jan 21, 2008

Felicidades Claudia, congratulations. I hope you enjoy our country very much. Voyons si nous ne pouvons pas avoir un powwow à Toronto quand tu es ici parmi nous. Y mucha suerte con el dictado. Y me ofrezco a llevar tus maletas a Chile si quieres

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Gracias Juliana and Nicholas Jan 21, 2008

The idea of a Powwow is great, count on me.

And whenever you want to come to Chile you'll be welcome, no need to carry my luggage

Thanks for your answers.

Claudia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
NancyLynn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I won a trip to Canada

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »