Thread poster: Piotr Sawiec
Piotr Sawiec
Piotr Sawiec  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:15
English to Polish
+ ...
Jan 25, 2005

Hello

Is it possible to translate the notes of a Powerpoint slide. When using Wf and PP in a way recommended in former posts everything went fine until getting to the notes from the main slide. Wf just did not see them.

Piotr

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Well, I don't know about WF Jan 25, 2005

but using Trados TAG Editor you will translate the slieds AND the notes - TAG Editor does see them both.

You could copy the note and paste it into Word, translate as usuall with WF, clean up and then copy it back - this is how would I proceed, if I couldn't find any other solution.

Regards
Jerzy

Bruno Magne
Bruno Magne  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:15
English to French
+ ...
Yes it is possible Jan 28, 2005

HI, Piotr

Just open Pandora's Box in WordFast setup and verify if the "NoPowerPointNotes" command is active or not.

If it's not active, it should look like this: "No_PowerPointNotes".

If the underscore is not present, the command is active and WF will ignore any Powerpoint note.

Cheers

Bruno Magne

Piotr Sawiec
Piotr Sawiec  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
it is not active Jan 28, 2005

Thanks, I checked and it is not active, as default. But somehow my Pandora Box settings do not work at all. I activated for example the Propagate OnlyKnown option, so supposedly Wf should propagate the known fragments of sentences, but nothing like that happens, so maybe this is the clue for not seeing the Notes in PowerPoint.

Piotr

Bruno Magne
Bruno Magne  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:15
English to French
+ ...
I don't think... Jan 31, 2005

there is some relation between the various Pandora Box commands.

You should call for advice to the English-speaking (I can't say if there is one for POlish-speaking people) Yahoo WF Group. They use to answer almost immediately.

If you do so, don't forget to speciy what Windows and WordFast versions you are using.

Best of luck

Bruno

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Notes in Powerpoint

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »