Tanja Braun
Tanja Braun  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:49
English to German
+ ...
Jan 29, 2014

Dear colleagues,
I hope you can help me.
I have to translate a Word file using a TM, but the outcome has to be a bilingual Word file *without* segmentation, i.e. a cleaned file with the original text still in it.

I can use either Wordfast Classic/Pro (which I'm more familiar with) or Trados Studio.

The only solution I've found in the forums so far is manually deleting the delimiters using search/replace.

Does anyone know an easier method?
... See more
Dear colleagues,
I hope you can help me.
I have to translate a Word file using a TM, but the outcome has to be a bilingual Word file *without* segmentation, i.e. a cleaned file with the original text still in it.

I can use either Wordfast Classic/Pro (which I'm more familiar with) or Trados Studio.

The only solution I've found in the forums so far is manually deleting the delimiters using search/replace.

Does anyone know an easier method?

Thanks in advance!
Tanja
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:49
Finnish to French
Wordfast Classic + PlusToyz Jan 29, 2014

The combination of Wordfast Classic and PlusToyz will let you do this. You'll obtain a two column table with source segments on the left and target segments on the right.

The function you want to use in PlusToyz is: Trados-like segmented text to Word table.

wordgirl
wordgirl  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2008)
Italian to English
+ ...
Any joy for Mac/Wordfast Pro users? Feb 18, 2014

What a great link, thank you Dominique, but I use WFP on my Mac… any way around that (when clients request clean bilingual files)?

Thanks (and thanks also for all your GREAT WFC/WFP videos on YouTube! - you have saved the day many, many times for me!)

Karina

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:49
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Find/replace very easy Feb 18, 2014

Tanja Braun wrote:

That is in fact a very easy method. First make sure hidden text is displayed, then use find/replace all to unhide everything, then convert all the delimeters to tabs, then convert text to table. In a few seconds you have a bilingual table.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Delivering a bilingual but clean file

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »