Poll: What makes you want to participate in ProZ.com Next polls?
Người gửi thông tin lên tuyến đoạn: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
NHÂN VIÊN TRANG WEB
Sep 22

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "What makes you want to participate in ProZ.com Next polls?".

View the poll results »



Ahsan Khan
 
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Bồ Đào Nha
Local time: 08:01
Thành viên kể từ 2007
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Other Sep 22

I enjoy the polls and check them daily. I don’t mind at all when they shy away from professional subject matters, from time to time I just want to have some fun. It’s kind of an ice-breaker. That’s why I have been a ‘frequent flyer’ since 2007. It’s a light yet interesting way of finding out what my peers think about a lot of questions and how they react. I’ve occasionally suggested new poll topics.

Yetta Jensen Bogarde
Philip Lees
 
Lieven Malaise
Lieven Malaise  Identity Verified
Bỉ
Local time: 09:01
Thành viên kể từ 2020
French to Dutch
+ ...
Less and less interested Sep 22

The last few months my interest in responding to poll questions has significantly dropped. This is mainly due to the repetitiveness of the poll questions in general. After 6 years in these forums I've answered to most questions multiple times and I just don't feel like endlessly repeating myself about the same things (and spare me the questions about "Do you fear...", "What are the biggest risks...", "Do you think you will be replaced..." bla bla bla, they are absolutely irrelevant and a terribl... See more
The last few months my interest in responding to poll questions has significantly dropped. This is mainly due to the repetitiveness of the poll questions in general. After 6 years in these forums I've answered to most questions multiple times and I just don't feel like endlessly repeating myself about the same things (and spare me the questions about "Do you fear...", "What are the biggest risks...", "Do you think you will be replaced..." bla bla bla, they are absolutely irrelevant and a terrible waste of time).

The polls I'm still interested in are about translators' income and workload and about real technological developments in the translation field.
▲ Collapse


Yaotl Altan
Michael Newton
 
Jennifer Levey
Jennifer Levey  Identity Verified
Chi lê
Local time: 04:01
Spanish to English
+ ...
Precious little Sep 22

But there are times when 'precious little' goes a long way to filling a gap in life's daily routine.
Like while I'm waiting for the kettle to boil for my breakfast coffee, without which the 'daily routine' never really gets off the ground.
JL


writeaway
Philip Lees
Francesca Grandinetti
 
Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Đức
Local time: 09:01
German to English
+ ...
What are "ProZ.com Next" polls? Sep 22

The same as the so-called "Quick polls"?

Philip Lees
Maria Laura Curzi
 
Le Zhang
Le Zhang  Identity Verified
Trung Quốc
Local time: 15:01
Thành viên kể từ 2021
English to Chinese
+ ...
Relevant Sep 23

I'd like the topics to be more relevant to a translator or interpreter's life and work. Many polls don't look like they are posed by people who have a true knowledge about the profession.

Zea_Mays
Maria Laura Curzi
 
Philip Lees
Philip Lees  Identity Verified
Hy Lạp
Local time: 10:01
Greek to English
Same question Sep 23

Cilian O'Tuama wrote:

The same as the so-called "Quick polls"?

I would also like to know what "ProZ.com Next polls" are.

Or is this another ProZ "spot the typo" exercise?


 
Lieven Malaise
Lieven Malaise  Identity Verified
Bỉ
Local time: 09:01
Thành viên kể từ 2020
French to Dutch
+ ...
New website Sep 23

Philip Lees wrote:
I would also like to know what "ProZ.com Next polls" are.

Or is this another ProZ "spot the typo" exercise?


I believe "Proz.com Next" is the name of the new website. I've seen it show up somewhere, but I don't remember where exactly.

EDIT: there's a button "New ProZ.com" on the homepage. If you hover over it another button appears: "Switch to Proz/Next". It's all a bit unclear.

[Bijgewerkt op 2026-09-23 06:40 GMT]


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Điều phối viên của diễn đàn này
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: What makes you want to participate in ProZ.com Next polls?






Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »