Poll: Which business challenges are most important to you over the next 12 months?
Người gửi thông tin lên tuyến đoạn: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
NHÂN VIÊN TRANG WEB
Oct 4

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Which business challenges are most important to you over the next 12 months?".

View the poll results »



 
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Bồ Đào Nha
Local time: 14:11
Thành viên kể từ 2007
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Winning new clients... Oct 4

... and keep retaining those that have been with me for some time!

Philip Lees
Thayenga
 
Lieven Malaise
Lieven Malaise  Identity Verified
Bỉ
Local time: 15:11
Thành viên kể từ 2020
French to Dutch
+ ...
Maintaining what I have Oct 4

Unless things suddenly would go very steeply downward in the last 3 months of this year - which is always possible - 2026 will have been a satisfying year professionally. So I would say that maintaining my existing customers is the most important challenge, as it has always been until now.

Philip Lees
Christine Andersen
 
Hipyan Nopri
Hipyan Nopri  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 20:11
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Growing Alongside AI Rather Than Competing With It Oct 4

I voted for "Developing new skills." As AI becomes increasingly capable, I believe the outlook for traditional translation services is becoming more challenging, and I think it is wise to prepare for that shift rather than wait for it.

For this reason, I have decided to focus on developing skills in AI automation and implementation. My hope is that by learning how to design, implement, and manage AI-driven workflows, I can build a career that grows alongside AI rather than competes
... See more
I voted for "Developing new skills." As AI becomes increasingly capable, I believe the outlook for traditional translation services is becoming more challenging, and I think it is wise to prepare for that shift rather than wait for it.

For this reason, I have decided to focus on developing skills in AI automation and implementation. My hope is that by learning how to design, implement, and manage AI-driven workflows, I can build a career that grows alongside AI rather than competes with it.

These skills are applicable across virtually every industry, and I believe my background in language and translation will remain a valuable asset, since clear communication, attention to detail, and a strong understanding of client needs are essential to implementing AI solutions effectively in any field.

I would be interested to hear how other colleagues are preparing for the changes ahead.
▲ Collapse


 
neilmac
neilmac
Tây Ban Nha
Local time: 15:11
Spanish to English
+ ...
Other 07:40

When (if) the new VERIFACTU billing scheme comes into force in Spain next year, I might just throw in the towel and retire if it proves to be too complicated or expensive.
Given my previous experiences with "official" websites and similar, it sounds like it will be a nightmare compared to the ease of billing with Excel and PDF invoices.
... See more
When (if) the new VERIFACTU billing scheme comes into force in Spain next year, I might just throw in the towel and retire if it proves to be too complicated or expensive.
Given my previous experiences with "official" websites and similar, it sounds like it will be a nightmare compared to the ease of billing with Excel and PDF invoices.

https://facturaz.es/en/lp/verifactu?gad_source=1&gad_campaignid=24312008288&gclid=CjwKCAjwlY3WBhANEiwApsNrLYmu639PP9eqF9WM-aJUMbqLjsIeVvSeMvMOAhfqlxizKs4k7zivHhoC_DIQAvD_BwE

[Edited at 2026-10-05 07:44 GMT]
▲ Collapse


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Điều phối viên của diễn đàn này
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Which business challenges are most important to you over the next 12 months?






Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »